Other 1986/87 Xl250R carb idle screw needed

I have a 1987 Honda XL250R and looks like my carb the idle screw is missing. it looks very unique and curved....I found this pic on ebay and the circled piece is what I need.

Thanks
upload_2018-7-22_0-3-10.png

Dude you are really going to have to love that bike and want it running. Although it changed very little over the years produced, parts are kind of hard to come by and choices will be limited. I had an ‘84 passed down from a family member that I said I’d give a go. Turns out had a broken cam etc. Did a leisure parts search over the few months that it sat in my garage and in the end had a list that was partially sourced and over $1,000. I looked at my other bikes (included an ‘03 yz250f I got for $300 and built a new motor, under a grand in total) and said heck no, I probably won’t ride it, can’t get my money back out, some parts I cant even find etc.. wound up selling to a salvage for $300. Money made, headache avoided.
Just giving you my personal experience before you get too much invested to back out.
I had high hopes too.
ouhEOFV.jpg

Then coincidentally, a year later I found by chance in one of my customers garage sitting unridden for years, under a tarp.
PL0mepm.jpg

Ran perfectly, bought for $1,200. Money better spent.
...just sayin

Sweet, nice score on the 250L.... yeah I like doing this stuff and yeah this bike is a project, more time and money than I thought.. I figured if I put a $1000 in it with rebuilt motor, carbs, bearings and some miscellaneous I'll have another nice bike... I always really liked these bikes and keeps me in the shop rather than the couch..... I see them listed for $1000 to $2000 in nice shape so yeah I'll loose money but as long as I can ride it wont bother me... but thanks for the warning as there have been just a few things like this idle screw I cant find...

Understood. Followed another xr resto thread and the guy did such a fantastic job it was beyond showroom when he finished. He spent a pretty good deal of time and money on it and really wasn’t an investment, but more of a project as well. Really just a “see what I did to this old bike” it was freakin amazing actually.
Good luck on the build!

Sweet! Got mine down to the frame, dropped the engine and carb at the builder, all the other parts like cables, bearings and such ordered.... depending on how much the engine costs I think I might be under on or under budget :) wont be as nice as the XR you posted but sure will be sweet.... thanks

Went and found that build thread. Still amazing!

5365D80A-01A6-4826-B6DA-84B2258C29AD_zpsn6egu9jn.jpg
5C71F92C-09FF-4686-A057-4ACA10506FF3_zpsul7tc7ar.jpg

That’s when they really built dirt bikes. The XR line used to be one of the toughest off-road bikes you could buy. Fast, reliable, cheap to maintain. Even the 200 was wicked powerful and fast unlike today’s 200 which is geared towards cupcake baking fruit tards.
Great looking bikes and what an amazing transformation.