1967 Hare and Hound

Ok, I know I posted it in the random riding thread but I think this deserves its own thread

I watched the whole thing. Its crazy how easy those bikes went to swapping out

It amazes me how smooth that dez is back then. When I got to it, it looked nothing like that and still doesn't. If I was riding my bike today across that dez then, I would never down shift out of 5th gear.

As mentioned in the other thread, Hurd is the second guy they interview in the beginning of the video. I raced against his kid a handful of years back.

If you tried to ride one of those bikes across today's whooped out environment you would either go very slow, crash, or just break the frame.

I went to some of these old races. My dad was a rookie about this time. He ended up doing well and winning acouple of them. I raced for the first time out there in 72 near Lucerne,

I went to some of these old races. My dad was a rookie about this time. He ended up doing well and winning acouple of them. I raced for the first time out there in 72 near Lucerne,

I raced for the first and last time in 79... Soggy DL I think... the race was put on by Huntington Beach MC.

Ok, I know I posted it in the random riding thread but I think this deserves its own thread

I watched the whole thing. Its crazy how easy those bikes went to swapping out
Great video. You do not see many of these vintage races anymore. Cool to see the old bikes like AJS, BSA and the others. I think we should turn Geek loose on one of these machines in a good whooped out sand wash. :lol: