125 or 250 2 stroke

I am 15 5' 4" and 140lbs. Now I have a yz125 and ride on my own track and trails. I've rode dirt bikes since I was 11 but I've had my yz for almost a year. Which bike is best for me and my needs. I've fouled 1 plug so far.

Do you feel ready for a 250? If you do then buy a 250 you will be happy you did. But. keep the 125 if you can because ripping around pinned on a 125 is so much fun..:thumb:

Get it down to 2,000 or less and it's worth it. Although I like the handling better on the 02-04 YZ because of the chromoly frame. Your choice.

BTW, where are you in Kansas, we still have the farm my dad was born, it's in Hope/Dickinson County. "Very small town".

It is hard to tell from the pictures how good of shape yours is in, or his for that matter. The price difference seems too wide for me. Keeping the 125 (Ossa really likes yz 125's, but he likes cr250's really well too) is a nice thought. Finding a yz 250 2000 or newer for 15-1600 is reasonably easy where I live (Anchorage Alaska) so with some patience you should be able to end up with a bike that could be considered a little more versatile than than the cr250 offered. I would tell you that I like the suspension on the honda better than the yz's up until at least 2005. All that can be fixed cheaply though (in my case you just buy some forks from a Honda). The yamaha is still being made, made better power and has lots of aftermarket support. with the honda out of production so long, that part has died.

I am ready for a new bike, but from what I hear most four strokes get boring. Long live the 2 stroke! I would like to keep the bike a while.

Mixin gas kickin ass!