250F 07 kxf 250

Ok.. So a guy on another forum was asking about different bikes.. and he finally bought an 07 KXF 250 ...

He said he just changed the oil and it had a green tint to it... Here is some pictures
He said the previous owner ran Motul in it.. Ive never used it .. So i dont know what color or anything... He was just asking if that was normal.
(hes supposed to sign up here when he gets time)

IMG00028-20110607-1852.jpg

IMG00027-20110607-1852.jpg

Ok.. So a guy on another forum was asking about different bikes.. and he finally bought an 07 KXF 250 ...

He said he just changed the oil and it had a green tint to it... Here is some pictures
He said the previous owner ran Motul in it.. Ive never used it .. So i dont know what color or anything... He was just asking if that was normal.
(hes supposed to sign up here when he gets time)

IMG00028-20110607-1852.jpg

IMG00027-20110607-1852.jpg

kawasaki full syn oil is green

I used to run Green kawi synthetic oil in my 07' KX250F. It definitely looks like coolant is in the oil. Because Kawi oil is green when water gets in the oil it doesn't turn grey like other oils when there is a coolant leak. The two colors in the oil is because of the difference in viscosity between the oil and water which causes them to seperate. To fix the problem he'll have to replace the water pump seal(s) and the main waterpump gasket. The problem costs about $30 to fix with all of the gaskets and seals. If he continues to find discoloration in his oil then he needs to check the head gaskets and cylinder base gaskets. If he continues to run the bike like that IT WILL fry the rings due to the high engine operating temperatures of four-strokes. (I sold a bike and a couple months later the guy called back because the motor blew, which was all because he was riding the bike with no fluid in cooling system. Apparently he hadn't changed the oil AT ALL so that's probably why he didn't know water was in the oil.)