250F 07 kx250f

Anyone by chance have the repair manual for a 07 KX 250F?

And on a side note, is it ok to run Prestone anti-freeze coolant? The existing coolant is green so I figure regular [non-Dex] should be fine, but wanted to run it by the group.

Thanks! :thumb:

James

Staff member
I'm a strong believer of Engine Ice. :noidea:

BTW welcome to DBA and Team Green (I also ride a kx250f) :thumb:

P.S. Check your email.

I definately will, I'll try and get them up tonight. It's nothing special......yet.

I just picked this bike up after not riding a dirt bike since I was a teenager. I have a sport bike [Yamaha YZF-R1] and figured, hey why not get back into dirt bike riding?! After getting this used bike home last week, [I figured I'll probably crash a few hundred times til I get back into the swing of things so why buy new], the transmission seal behind the front sprocket was leaking. I just replaced that last night, and tore around the yard to "make sure" it wasn't leaking anymore. :smirk: I am a huge team green fan despite my Yamaha.

James

Staff member
After getting this used bike home last week, [I figured I'll probably crash a few hundred times til I get back into the swing of things so why buy new], the transmission seal behind the front sprocket was leaking. I just replaced that last night, and tore around the yard to "make sure" it wasn't leaking anymore.
:lol: That's probably a smart choice (buying used). What kind of riding do/did you do?

Wear the right protective gear (helmet, boots, chest protector, neck/knee brace, etc.) and it'll keep most of those crashes to bruises only. The ego will get bruised no matter what though.. :smirk:

...I am a huge team green fan...
:thumb: I think you'll fit in nicely here. :smirk:

With my Yammy I go to track days which is just open race days in different heats [beginner, intermediate, advanced]. When I was younger I didn't do anything competitive, parents were to restrictive on that, so my riding mainly consisted of the mayhem I could conjure up, which turned out to be quite a bit. We have a dirt track nearby where I live, so the plan is to go ride out there and brush up on my skillls.

Overall I just enjoy riding all kinds, all types, and I love competition, but given these are my primary bikes I don't push them hard like racers do, and given my vast interests in other activities, I really don't want any serious injuries [snowboarding, scuba diving, rock climbing ect]. My sponsor [myself :ride:] doesn't have extremely deep pockets. :smirk: