125 06 klx 125 ticking

Hello everyone. I purchased a 2006 klx 125 and it starts first kick. The only problem it has is it ticks and it gets faster and louder as I speed up. I have adjusted the valves and it still ticks so I'm assuming it's my cc. I have tried taking out the lockout and screw to adjust it and it didn't work. Do I need a new cam chain? I can take a video of sound if it'll help

Everything that rotates is suspect. One that doesn't is an exhaust leak. They some times fool you. Camchain as you seem to be mentioning is another. Sounds like your top end is getting removed.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I purchased a 2006 klx 125 and it starts first kick. The only problem it has is it ticks and it gets faster and louder as I speed up. I have adjusted the valves and it still ticks so I'm assuming it's my cc. I have tried taking out the lockout and screw to adjust it and it didn't work. Do I need a new cam chain? I can take a video of sound if it'll help

if it sounds like the noise is rotating at engine rpm its lower end or piston/rod related....if it is in the valve train, the rotational sound will be slower, as the cam rotates half the speed of the crank......at least that will help narrow your search.