05 YZ250f carb issues... plz help!!!

Okay so I just got a 05 YZ250f. Cleaned the carb twice and still having issues with the choke. Bike has maybe 15 hrs of riding on it and had old fuel in it for multiple years. So as I stated I pulled the carb apart twice. When I first got it I open the fuel and it poured everywhere, so reason being for clean number one. Still had issues with it only tunning with choke on so I pulled it apart again. Lone behold the pilot was clogged up. So I cleaned her up again and same deal. Only runs with choke on but better on the start and the blip of the throttle

It's the pilot system.
You'll be best to clean the fuel tank, drop the petcock out and clean it, put a new fuel line on it, and maybe new jets if not already.
The carb will be finicky untill it is clean, clean, CLEAN!!!
Blow out all passage ways with carb spray and high pressure air hose. Forward, backwards, etc. Make sure to set the fuel screw back into proper turns.

Thank you for the response! Okay so obviously the first thing I did do was drain all the remaining fuel. I then put a gal or so of fresh fuel in clean carb etc.Put the carb on and still had issues so I drain the fresh fuel outta the tank anyways. So should I still revome tank? Also in the process of cleaning carb for third time and new jets on the way!!

Thank you for the response! Okay so obviously the first thing I did do was drain all the remaining fuel. I then put a gal or so of fresh fuel in clean carb etc.Put the carb on and still had issues so I drain the fresh fuel outta the tank anyways. So should I still revome tank? Also in the process of cleaning carb for third time and new jets on the way!!

There is (or its disintegrated) a filter on the petcock, drop it out, and clean it. Best to pull tank, put in a little fuel, slosh it around and dump it on the asshat neighbors lawn. (NO just kidding). This will insure its clean. Then, like I said before, clean the carb with everything you can. I soak mine for 5 hours in Yamalube carb dip, power wash it with water, and then spray the hell out of it with brake clean finishin off with a little WD-40, and then compressed air @ 150psi. Although, I do not let any of the rubber parts get nailed with brake clean (it eats it), I keep that all aside and give it a hand clean with plumbing grease (very lightly).

Alright so this is off topic, but didn’t want to make a new thread. So does anyone know the size of the screw and threads for the slide under the cap? I stripped the damn thing and I can’t find anything on this. Also is it just a typical screw or a specialty?