250F 05 CRF250R Gearing for desert?

I'm looking to regear my 05 crf250r for desert running, in your opinion how tall is too tall? I was using an online calculator and according to it a 14/49 combo would give me a 10-12% increase in top speed, sound about right? what your suggestion?

I'm looking to regear my 05 crf250r for desert running, in your opinion how tall is too tall? I was using an online calculator and according to it a 14/49 combo would give me a 10-12% increase in top speed, sound about right? what your suggestion?
well this is just me on a 125 going between MX and trails, i run 12/50 for mx and wide open trails and 11/50 for tight trails, so if i was riding desert, wide open fast stuff id probably run 13/50

Your bike will only pull a certain gearing. Gearing out past that might give a nice low rpms for cruising, but will not increase top speed. My advice is find a decent compromise rear sprocket and then get a few countershaft sprockets so you can change your gearing easily to match the conditions.

If the stock gearing is 13/49 then adding a 14 up front will give you more top end and lower rpm's at cruising speed. I do not know how that would be in percentage but 1 tooth up front is like 3 or 4 on the back. My sons YZ250F has stock 13/49 and that is what I plan on doing once he gets it out and rides it first like it is so we can see how it performs.