03 KLX125 engine oil

So I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought Pennzoil SAE 10W-40 motor oil and I was wondering if it would be safe to use that to change my bike's engine oil. I asked the previous owner when the last time it was changed, he said 5 months so I wanted to get that out of the way. Your help is greatly apprecaited! :)

In my KLX i always ran Mobile 1 motorcycle oil... Or Castrol motorcycle oil...

I wouldn't run penzoil in my weedeater :smirk:

Altho i don't think its recommended because the oil in the bottom end also runs the clutch's ... So you really need something in there for that. There are thousands of people that just run regular motor oil though.

Also moved this to correct section

Ehh it's my first dirt bike bob xD
I do plan on upgrading eventually down the road. But if this Pennzoil will do, then I might as well use it.

Pennzoil is a great car oil.

however it has fairly high concentrations of moly which may hurt the clutch, I would recommend rotella t

Welcome!
I used to run Pennzoil in my sons KLX but then they started adding friction modifiers..
I run rotella 15w40 in my TTR125 and I run that thing hard. No issues yet

I couldnt find any rotella in stock so instead I just
bought valvoline motorcycle 4-stroke 10w40 motor oil.
Finished changing the oil about 30 mins ago and it runs geewd.
Thanks for everyones insight :D

God damnit, so I was changing my oil yesterday afternoon and when I put the cap back on to the oil filter, one screw isn't tightening or loosening. When I took it off to change the oil filter to begin with, all 3 screws worked and now only one of them is acting up and I can't take it off or tighten it. Think it's maybe stripped and if so how do I go about to getting it off?

8575582555_7e484c1b72.jpg

The other 2 tighten and loosen just fine but this one seems to just be going in circles without anything happening.