450F '03 CRF 450 over sized tank IMS or Clark?

I have a Clarke tank on my son's YZ125. Lost the original on the I-10.
My only complaint is that when I ordered a new Clarke cap, it didn't spin on real easy, and is now cracked. And no, I didn't cross-thread it.

I have a Clarke tank on my son's YZ125. Lost the original on the I-10.
My only complaint is that when I ordered a new Clarke cap, it didn't spin on real easy, and is now cracked. And no, I didn't cross-thread it.
Now that you mention the cap issue, I remember back in the day people complaining about the caps leaking. I know if you were racing dez and wanted to add a quick fill cap it was not friendly on the Clark tanks.

My stolen RM250 was recovered because a friend of mine spotted it and recognized it with the Clarke tank on it in the back of some shitheads truck.

Last edited:
have a clark on my 02, fits good and no issues.......but I recently looked into them again and was told by local dealer that they wont buy from them anymore because they wont stand behind product with fitment and issues now.

I vote for IMS

soo.. lets tally up the votes
Clarke-
2 nay for cap issues
1 nay for fitment and product support
1 yea for proper fit and no issues
1 yea for the theft recovery properties.
IMS
2 unspecified yea just because. ask opinions, ya get 'em.

IMS 2
Clarke -1

yes I'm bored. Always happens when I say I'm "going to do some paperwork":bored:
back to the CL hunt for bikes I don't need.

I vote for IMS
Agreed.

back to the CL hunt for bikes I don't need.
Lol, I do this everyday too.
But, the kid just asked "hey Dad, when I get my license (in 18 months) can we put street tires on the KX250F so I can ride it to school...?"
He wants a super-moto, and obviously I'm that guy. His mom wont be buying him one...
Back to CL...

Lowballed a ‘15 KX450F asking 3800 I offered 3k. Kinda glad he said no but I’d probably ride it twice and then sell it anyhow. I like the idea a 450 but the actual machine is a bit brutish.

So, I'm at the track this past Saturday, and my track-buddy Greg comes up to my bike, and says "hey, I got a Clarke gas cap that is cracked just like yours is"...
I thought of this thread...