Wheelies..

Like M33 said, its always nice to be able to pop that front end up on command when needed. Coming up on a big muddy water hole, you don't want to go in heavy on the front you might end up over the bars. I love to blip the throttle right as I come up on water and ride one wheeled right over them. :ride:

I have never been able to ride a bad ass wheelie, but I do have enough control of my machine to keep the front wheel above obstacles, like a short log matrix or a mud hole at speed

I remember reading somewhere that it is easiest to learn how to do wheelies while standing on the pegs. I do not like doing it like that it just feels to easy to flip. Power wheelies is where it's at. That is the safest way to learn. Just roll on the power nice and easy.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Doug
"One of the most famous magazine covers featured Domokos riding nearly vertically with the front wheel crossed up on Kawasaki's new KZ1300 six-cylinder sport-touring bike. In 1983, he performed what was dubbed "The world’s tallest wheelie" atop the Empire State Building. A year later, he won a $10,000 bet with Supercross promoter Mike Goodwin by wheelying a complete lap of the Anaheim Stadium Supercross track."
"Domokos even made it into the Guinness Book of World Records by setting a wheelie record of 145 miles at Talladega Speedway in Alabama in 1984"
He sure was a badass...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNa360R75aw