2 Stroke Suzuki Jr 80 bad idle problem

Alright guys so I got a 2002 Jr 80 the other day off Craigslist. It was bogging a bit when you would get on it so I figured I'd clean the Carb. That fixed the problem. But I took every screw jet and every piece apart from the Carb to clean it including the idle and the air adjustment screw. Now it will either idle high and when I rev it it comes back down very slowly. I've been playing around with the adjustment screws but I couldn't get anything to work. I'm stumped can any body help me out? Thanks!

you created an air leak, and or have a problem with the throttle closing all the way. is the float of the "settable" kind?
I found an air leak in between the intake pipe and cylinder. The rubber on the I take pipe is destroyed and hard as a rock. I made a gasket to put in it to see if it would help cuz I need the bike for this Thursday. It helped to the point where it still is doing it but just not as bad. I tried spraying carb clean around it again and it wasn't sucking anything in but maybe there still is an air leak? Planning on getting a new intake pipe hopefully that's just the case. If not I will check to see if the needle is sticking or something like that

high temp silicone of the orange kind seems to stay put better than the other stuff. yamabond will do it to, but is a little more gluelike. either one can get you going as can quite a few other things out of a tube if it really is important to ride. when you do that you take a chance on the leak becoming a leak again, and it can cause a burned piston or suck in contaminants, but most of us have done it. make sure your cable isn't doing something to hold the throttle open either. check the idle screw again, carb off and looking down the bore to make sure it is closing all the way may end up being necessary.

high temp silicone of the orange kind seems to stay put better than the other stuff. yamabond will do it to, but is a little more gluelike. either one can get you going as can quite a few other things out of a tube if it really is important to ride. when you do that you take a chance on the leak becoming a leak again, and it can cause a burned piston or suck in contaminants, but most of us have done it. make sure your cable isn't doing something to hold the throttle open either. check the idle screw again, carb off and looking down the bore to make sure it is closing all the way may end up being necessary.
What should the idle and the air adjustment screw be at on the carb. At first I thought it was those and I messed around with them a bunch but it does nothing on helping it. I'm gonna put some silicone in it today and check the cable and make sure the needle is sticking and see what I get hopefully nothing more

the low speed airscrew settings vary , but being blind so to speak I set them at 1.5 turns out from lightly seated. that IS NOT the idle screw, which raises and lowers the slide when the throttle is set in the closed position. set the idle screw with the engine running to what you like. in my case I start with one that won't idle fast enough to stay running warm, and go from there.

the low speed airscrew settings vary , but being blind so to speak I set them at 1.5 turns out from lightly seated. that IS NOT the idle screw, which raises and lowers the slide when the throttle is set in the closed position. set the idle screw with the engine running to what you like. in my case I start with one that won't idle fast enough to stay running warm, and go from there.
Thanks. I tried putting some silicone liquid gasket on the intake pipe but didn't work still sucking air in. Just ordered the part so once that cones I'll see if that fixed it.