reed cage 97 kx250

I don't know if you have the float setting, 16 mm from the carburetor gasket surface to the highest part of the float. Thus us as the tang in the float contacts the fully extended needle.

you need to remove the jet needle to see where it is set.

Last edited:
After many many hours of cleaning exhaust valves and various pieces, champhering back the flapper valve, reassembling the entire kips system, (never done it before and the engineering shop took them apart, thx youtube for instructions, lol) then rebuilding the top end.
FINALLY THE BEAST IS ALIVE.
On the 3rd kick. (First start after rebuild)
Before the rebuild I could lower the kickstart with 2 fingers.
After rebuild I can barely lower the kickstart with all my strength.(due to frakin AWESOME unreal compression)
Majorly way exceeded my expectation by miles.
Im spewin I couldnt take it for a ride as it was dark by the time it was ready to start. But ill be up at sunrise tommorow.
Look out world. ROOOOST.

I just want to thank everyone on here that helped me with advice throughout this process. I couldnt of done it without yous thanks heaps guys.

WOW FKN WOW. I did first heat cycle then cooled down. Next I fully warmed it up then went for a strap only using up to half throttle. Holy shit im in love again, im only 52kgs, the monster lifted up in 3rd at half throttle when it hit band. The shop has ported it to hit band at about 1/3 of the way through the gear.
Man I seriously can not wait till I can flog the beast at full revs.

One thing though I dunno what happened I rode it for approx 3 to 4 mins on flat ground. At the end of the ride it fully lost all power so I shut it down then stopped. Waited a minute then kicked it over started first kick then rode home. Any one know why this could of occured. Hopefully it was a carby blockage. I shit myself thinking i had seized the engine I pushed the kickstart down with my hand before I kicked it over to make sure still has same conpression.