Random Photos

14463682_10209789717835977_639087195_n.png

Very impressive ET/MPH combo!!! It really dug, I bet that 60ft is sub 1 second. :shocked: I love drag racing and drag theory.

Not to be lame, the engine was stock... But, show me another stock component on that rig.
Anything with 500hp will go fast with $20K invested in TeamZ suspension, race transmissions/clutches, and tires...
For example, my 1970 Nova Ran 12.32 @ 124mph with 510hp, completely stock suspension/tire car. Could have knocked 2 seconds off with aftermarket suspension set-up alone. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I took an 83 air cooled kx 500 and went to the all bike drags when the bike was current. stuck a carlile dirt track tire on it because I didn't want to ruin the rear knobby. the detailing and set up consisted of adding some gas, adding one head gasket to the two that were on there, and adjusting the chain. 13.13 and 96 mph, times varied out to 14.02 depending on wheelspin. but the mph was 96 each time. wouldnt wind any further or go any faster than it would at about 2/3 of the strip. I decided right then if I wanted to drag race I knew how to get to the 11's cheap.

I was friends with two guys then who both won some top fuel nationals before retirement. Drag racers are like bees trying to fly out of a closed window, they try, and try, and try, and try and finally occasionally get somewhere. for them a 100th of a second on a specific track can take forever and bring a great deal of happiness, for about 2 minutes, and they are thinking of the next 100th.