New rider from virginia

Welcome to the forum! :thumb: And about those ticks, I have never been to Virginia but I was in Wisconsin and Minnesota earlier this year. Ticks were HORRIBLE in Wisconsin, never saw one in Minnesota though. I never once saw a tick till I went to the mid west and they thought I was crazy over there cause of that. I don't know how you guys get used to it.:shocked:

Welcome new guy!

I have to say, what really freaked me out about Virginia, was, when I was walking in the woods, or in the backyard of my friend's house was ...the ticks! You have all varieties! My God! They are vicious!

You have the little ones that scurry about quickly and find a place on your body, and the BIG ones that freak you out when you find them a day after!

I still have a scar on my left foot peeling an engorged tick off my leg ,pitching a bitch, and leaving the head of the beast in there! Dammit!

It left a scar!

Ticks suck balls! They are evil!:prof: Virginia is the worst I've ever seen them...damn close!
YES there are millon ticks hear. there population reaches its highest in august. and thee worst part is is that in the dead of winter THEY ARE STILL AROUND! one time i found a tick while there was snow on the ground. iv probly been bitten somewhere around 40times in my live and lucky i havnt gotten any desies from em' yet. and the whole "stick a hot thing on there ass" trick DONT DO IT. the tick will inject its spitt into you along with whatever disease it has and then walk away.

Leadhead, yeah one day ill go to Lake Sugartree or Birch Creek. my dad also lived in southern va when he was a kid. he lived in Haifax. have you ever heard of that?

YES there are millon ticks hear. there population reaches its highest in august. and thee worst part is is that in the dead of winter THEY ARE STILL AROUND! one time i found a tick while there was snow on the ground. iv probly been bitten somewhere around 40times in my live and lucky i havnt gotten any desies from em' yet. and the whole "stick a hot thing on there ass" trick DONT DO IT. the tick will inject its spitt into you along with whatever disease it has and then walk away.

I dont get bit all that much. Every once in a while. I just yank em out! We'd have to yank em out of our cats and dog every so often. They ran all over the land, so I'd expect that.

Leadhead, yeah one day ill go to Lake Sugartree or Birch Creek. my dad also lived in southern va when he was a kid. he lived in Haifax. have you ever heard of that?

Heck yeah! When you're in the area, you outta try out HMX (Halstead Motorsports). It's a new (well, been here for about a year and half) local track in my area in Franklin County. It's an amazing track! Very creative and fun. Wide open, big jumps. Also got a trail system and they are building an AX track soon. I've been :whip: Halstead to dig up a mud hole too. They still aint got to it yet though!

Halifax is 2 counties over to the right. Pretty cool! :thumb:

GTFO! You speak gospel truth! In December, after many freezes, I sat my ass down in the woods, and still had the little bastards crawling on me when I took the clothes off in 25F weather! I picked them off and put them on top of the woodburner stove to watch them crawl till they popped!

Do you know that ticks can live for 18 months without feeding and survive freezing weather?

God! I hate those bugs! At least a mosquito comes and goes quickly! A Tick wants to stay for a week! Auugh!

The worst ones are the Deer mites/ticks or Turkey mites/ticks...it depends on who you're talking to as to what they are called that day but they are tiny tiny tiny ticks that you think are just a freckle until you see it moving and then you realize there are hundreds of them on you, but then it is too late. You have to take a hot bath with about a cup of bleach in the water to kill them and then you left with tiny little red bumps on you that itch 100 times worse that chiggers.:foul::foul::foul::foul::foul::foul::foul:

The worst ones are the Deer mites/ticks or Turkey mites/ticks...it depends on who you're talking to as to what they are called that day but they are tiny tiny tiny ticks that you think are just a freckle until you see it moving and then you realize there are hundreds of them on you, but then it is too late. You have to take a hot bath with about a cup of bleach in the water to kill them and then you left with tiny little red bumps on you that itch 100 times worse that chiggers.:foul::foul::foul::foul::foul::foul::foul:

A chigger you say, I didn't know those exsisted! :devil: I didn't think the chineesse swung that way :smirk: Just kidding