RM250 help my rm 250 won't start

Help!!!!! I have a 2000 rm 250 10 hours on rebuild this morning it started second kick and it was great ripping around for probably 5-10 minutes after warmed up shut off to talk to my neighbor and went to kick it back over after done and nothing waited 1 hour see if it was flooded drained it and nothing idk what's wrong please help!!!!!!!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Help!!!!! I have a 2000 rm 250 10 hours on rebuild this morning it started second kick and it was great ripping around for probably 5-10 minutes after warmed up shut off to talk to my neighbor and went to kick it back over after done and nothing waited 1 hour see if it was flooded drained it and nothing idk what's wrong please help!!!!!!!
Flooded is my guess. There is nowhere for the extra fuel/oil mix to go, causing your continued problem.
I kick it 10 times with the throttle wide open to try and clear the engine.
If all else fails, bump start it with the throttle wide open and leave it wide open until it starts and clears. -BIG DAN :thumb:

Flooded is my guess. There is nowhere for the extra fuel/oil mix to go, causing your continued problem.
I kick it 10 times with the throttle wide open to try and clear the engine.
If all else fails, bump start it with the throttle wide open and leave it wide open until it starts and clears. -BIG DAN :thumb:

Waiting for an hour before you tried starting it again is about the strangest way I can think of to see if your bike is flooded. Removing the spark plug and checking it to see if it is wet is pretty basic. Kicking it with the kill button pressed is one way to partially clear it. At least clean the plug while it is out.

Speaking of basics, a manual and a few tools is going to be necessary. If you don't feel like acquiring these and learning to do the simple things like float settings and carburetor cleanings, this is going to turn out to be an extremely expensive sport for you, not to mention you are going to suffer the frustration of having a ratty running bike.

Get those things and hang around and ask how to keep from spending your money :ride::ride::ride: