gday all, new to site.

Gday all thx for letting me join.
A few months ago I bought a 97 kx250 with mild upgrades.
Custom, balanced bottom end.
0.6mm oversize piston
shaved head.
Possibly a different carby.(PWK G279)
twin air box.
Been resleeved and bored to 67.00mm

When I got it the rings had little to no compression, front fork seals leaked, head gasket was leaking water in to oil, back brake line was blocked and among other things it had been sitting in the shed for 2years unstarted as the bloke who owned it had died. He was 95kg and the bike suspension was set for him. His wife who I had known for years sold this bike to me for cheap due to the faults with it.

I spent some time on it to make it rideable and despite the lack of compression it still went like a shower of sh*t. Wheelstanded in every gear. (im 50kg/125lb) ive ridden 2strokes all my life and am seriously addicted to them, but for some reason this bike has some serious sting to it. I ended up coming a gutser and shattered my wrist so im inthe process of rebuilding the top end.

Ive purchased an oversize 68.50mm wiseco prolite piston kit and waiting to get cylinder rebored.

My Question Is..... I would appreciate any info about the powervalve chamfering and the head squish tolerances for this oversize and what jetting I would need. It has a standard pipe but will be upgrading to a fmf fatty with a fmf shortie baffle, and have boyesen dual stage reeds on order.
Thanks for help in advance.
**Go Hard Or Go Home** (my motto)

20150104_130142.jpg 20150104_130048.jpg Ty big dan I just wasnt sure if I had any picks on my tablet. Its in pieces for another 2 weeks untill I can afford the rebore.
As you can see not much ring left and pretty damaged piston. Cant wait to get the 68.50mm it in it with new reeds. 8 )

Last edited:
Welcome!
When you do the rebore you'll have to check the powervalve clearance. Of it even remotely touched the bore area you'll have to file it down.