69 VW Bug - Project

if there is rust in the battery pan you could have the batteries drop out on the road, if the rust furthers or cracks the pan.

Nothing a good grind, rust paint, stainless steel w/rivets, and some fiberglass wouldn't fix. Looks like you are doing it right by complete dismantle rebuild...

if there is rust in the battery pan you could have the batteries drop out on the road, if the rust furthers or cracks the pan.

The battery area was not in bad shape at all. In fact the entire pan is what caught my eye. The pan in in great shape for a car that is 40+ years old.

Nothing a good grind, rust paint, stainless steel w/rivets, and some fiberglass wouldn't fix. Looks like you are doing it right by complete dismantle rebuild...

Already done :thumb: I need to go out and snap a pic.

Looks good so far. I remember when my dad and I rebuilt mine when I was 13. Bought the neighbors rolled baja and took the body off and slapped another one on.:thumb: So is this staying in street mode? You should do a disc break conversion up front. I wish I had pics still of my old bug. I had a chromed out engine compartment and I ran the plug wires through the shroud to give a clean look.

To bad it's not a super beetle, I can only imagine how much better they feel driving around town.

:drool:

oj_chassis.jpg

Looks good so far. I remember when my dad and I rebuilt mine when I was 13. Bought the neighbors rolled baja and took the body off and slapped another one on.:thumb: So is this staying in street mode? You should do a disc break conversion up front. I wish I had pics still of my old bug. I had a chromed out engine compartment and I ran the plug wires through the shroud to give a clean look.

Did it look like this :lol:
tbig.jpg