RM125 2003 suzuki rm 125 full rebuild,

Ive had my carb jetted by a guy thats over 50 years old and never rode anything else but rm125 ever since 1980's , my carb is jetted properly , ive done several plug chops and the plug comes out perfect 'coffee with milk' colour, the bike is very responsive and runs amazing. I used amsoil interceptor and when i mix 32:1 , the packing in my silencer got soaked after a few hours of ridding, after several hours the bike would get louder and eventually start spitting out oil out of the exhaust. So i ended up replacing the packing and cleaned out the pipe and started mixing 50:1 , and never had an issue with any of that again. I checked my top end every 5 hours of run time and everything seems perfect, the bearings are lubed and no wear on the cylinder, the bike is more responive and theres still smoke comming out the back.

Your carb may be jetted correctly for a particular time of year. Do you know what time of the season you bike is jetted for? I rejet a 4 times a year for what the seasonal temps will be for winter spring summer and fall. An oil soaked silencer is an indication of a overly rich jetting set up. Especially if it happens with in a couple hours of riding. Oil spitting out of the exhaust can is normal as long as it isnt excessive. Its just the nature of the a two stroke engine. Even the most finely tuned 2 stroke carbs will produce oil out of the exhaust can. That being said honestly your silencer packing especially in a 2T engine is really only going to last about 10-15 hours worth of riding before is should be replaced. This is due to the nature of how the 2 stroke bike operates. Like I mentioned even the most finely tuned 2 stroke engines will produce oil out of the exhaust. This is because the combustion process does not burn all of the oil. If it did you would not have any lubrication left with in the cylinder to keep it lubricated. There for resulting in oil remaining left in cylinder that gets scraped off with the rings and exits out the exhaust port and ultimately makes it out the silencer. Where most of it gets trapped in your packing until its soaked. So what youve described it is totally normal after a time. But altering your premix ratio does not fix this issue from happening. Altering you jetting to be correct for time of year and elevation will help keep it to a minimum. But in the long run its going to happen anyway.

Im only emphasizing on this because Ive only ever ridden 2 stroke bikes. Ive got over 30 years of experience riding them and at or about 25 years of experience doing my own work. Im just trying to help you do it the right way. Because I thought I knew a lot more when I was much younger than I really did. I learned through trial and error before I figured out that following what the manual has to say is way more important than what I thought was right. Ive destroyed many a cylinder and crank by adjusting the premix ration to a more lean application instead of adjusting the jetting to be correct for the time of year and elevation.

That all being said. Its your bike. Your going to maintain it and operate the way you see fit. Im only trying to offer advise in how to do it the right way. Which is likely what your manual will tell you how to do it. If you dont have a manual get one. If you do have a manual use it and follow it to the letter. Your will benefit from it and your bike will last a long time. Riding dirt bikes isnt cheap and replacing your silencer packing should be done on a regular basis. I replace mine when I replace my gear box oil which is about every every 10-15 hours of riding.