2 Stroke 1998 CR80R

Keep idling it rich like that and you are going to end up with a glazed up cylinder that never really seats. When I put one back together I want JUST enough idle time to see that nothing leaks or is falling off and then it gets a load put on it to warm it, then it gets up to full cylinder pressure before it reaches 5 minutes of run time.
Thanks for that. I might go out into the garage today and yank the carb off again. I'm feeling kinda lazy though.
We did have a leak the first time we ran it, oil was coming out the water pump weep hole. I neglected to install the inner oil seal so I was a bit disgusted with myself and needed a break. I'm still on that break sort of...

Hell, I thought he was talking about the 250. Hahahaha
I might have been, the threads blend sometimes.
I've now got like 8 or 9 bikes in my garage now, so I should be getting close to being caught up with the rest of you guys.
And they all have a thread here, just gotta look which one you're replying to.
If I was a super-genious I wouldn't have to have a thread for each and you all would be coming to me looking for answers, but that isn't the case here, lol!

Last edited:
Update.

I lowered the float.
I also re-jetted it, and this is where I think I need y'alls help.

This thing has a full FMF exhaust system, and according to them, I should be running a 122 MJ.
When I ordered new jets from RM, they said they didn't have a 122, so I ordered a 120.
I installed the 120 and ran it around the block. It rips pretty good, and the kiddo is gonna love it, but I'm wondering if maybe I should find a 122 main jet?

Below are pics of the plug chop, (on the pipe, but just warmed up).
120mj1.JPG 120mj2.JPG

Last edited:
You might even be able to go up to a124.
I'm not sure but I think fmf and procircuit both use race has for their jetting specs. Race gas burns better but richer. Atleast with my zooks it does.

In my passed experience with running FMF pipes on the smoker, I have been good with dropping the needle a clip and maybe going one size up on the main. I am running all stock exhausts on all my scooters now, but may change a couple in the next year, so I will see what changes I need to make then.

It looks like it had to burn through some "fat" first. I like going on the chicken side of things, but that looks like it is burning nice and clean to me. I am not sure I would suggest it for wide open across the dez or down a gravel road use just yet. What is the size of the jet it came with?

Well I located a 122 mj at the local Kelly's Kawasaki dealer and I can quite solidly say that I will never buy a Kawasaki again.
After tax that little bugger cost me $12.++ bucks!
What a total rip-off!
Next time I'll ask the price before I ever drive out of my way to go get something.
What a joke.

I would have just tried the 125 since that is one step up from the 122. But now (12 dollars later) you have them both.
I did run it with the 125 in, and the plug came out wet and it was bogging & smoking, and had that "muaawww" sound when I got on it. Right now it's ridiculous fast, so much that I wonder if the kiddo is ready for it.
The 120 was what I could get from the RMATV order, so I tried it.

Edit;
Here are some pics after a full warm up today and 2 test rides, still have the 120 MJ in it, plug chop on 2nd run.

How does it look now?
Also, is this too much spooge for 3-4 test runs and 15 minutes run time?
I did mix the fuel/oil at 32:1 then poured a little bit more oil in the tank, as was suggested here...Plug Chop no flash Feb 10, 2017.JPG Plug Chop w Flash Feb 10.JPG Spooge1.JPG
And a pic of the boy and his bike;
Z and CR80.JPG

Last edited: