Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would say put it on now... But it would be a sweet picture of just the engine!

Complete.

I'd install it now. Get yourself ahead.
I think I'll mock it up without the piston or gaskets and take photos, then install that badboy!

You need to get white paint and paint the Yamaha letters on the cover.

Awe Snap! I thought about that too. I think it would look good in silver or white....
Also considering sanding the ends of my Cylinder fins down to bare aluminum. I think that would look trick as well.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I think I'll mock it up without the piston or gaskets and take photos, then install that badboy!

Awe Snap! I thought about that too. I think it would look good in silver or white....
Also considering sanding the ends of my Cylinder fins down to bare aluminum. I think that would look trick as well.
Bare ends on the cylinder would look sweet as well. I'm still a fan of white yamaha as it would match the plastics.

I don't see a problem. We coat complete radiators for several top company's, and they have no issue. We also do complete Harley, and Indian motors for restoration company's, and personally with my own air cooled 2 strokes, and have had no problems. Powder is a conductive insulator, but a insulator for heat transfer, no. :noidea:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Pirelli Scorpion PRO F.I.M
90/90-21 DOT approved
140/80-18 DOT approved

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

The WISECO piston rings I actually needed are in the mail and due here in a day or so. Top end build should follow shortly after.
Brock's aftermarket parts shipment is also due any day now. Includes a gallon of Kalgard. :wiggle:
Looks like end of next week I'll be kicking her over for the first time in nearly 7 months.