Crash and Burn Magazine 1979

I was wondering if anyone had any Crash and Burn Magazines from 1979 (around Easter or early spring) race was in Zwingle, Iowa, I made it into the funny page in the very back where they showed funny wrecks or situations , Mine was called the Vienna Boy's choir, I pulled a wheelie on the start and it looked funny, White helmet with number 11 or 116 riding a Suzuki RM80 in Mini B class as it was my first year racing. I am trying to find a copy or how to get in contact with someone who could help me.

Last edited:
January and august are on eBay, if you know the edition, it would be easier to find.
Good Luck!
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Thanks I seen that, I did some research as well. I was only fourteen in 1979 so really didn't keep track of the dates or magazine. Thought maybe somebody here may know where to get a hold of a collector or something. Thanks for replying.

SRAD97750

Staff member
You're not crazy, for years I had every issue of Sport Rider from 1991-2002 in a tub before I moved and finally quit hoarding them....
Someone has a stack of crash and burn!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I never saw it, but several different groups of friends said one of my spectacular demonstrations of how not to race was in an issue. Like you, wish I had a copy.

I collected Dirt Bike Magazine all thru those years, don’t know if I have any of them left. All my friends back then collected them as well. Someone has your photo in the back of one of them magazines.

I never saw it, but several different groups of friends said one of my spectacular demonstrations of how not to race was in an issue. Like you, wish I had a copy.
Memories is what I have, would like to just find a copy for my dad (83 now) who encouraged my racing.

I collected Dirt Bike Magazine all thru those years, don’t know if I have any of them left. All my friends back then collected them as well. Someone has your photo in the back of one of them magazines.
I know someone has a magazine with me in it., I just wished I could find it. It was a moment I'll never forget, my third race ever I had pulled a wheelie on accident and they snapped the photo dubbing it the Vienna Boy's Choir. I'm trying to find it for my 83 yr old dad, he has cancer and all he talks about is my motocross years of him and I driving all over the country to race. Finished 8th in the state and season champion at two tracks in Iowa in 1979 my first year.

I know someone has a magazine with me in it., I just wished I could find it. It was a moment I'll never forget, my third race ever I had pulled a wheelie on accident and they snapped the photo dubbing it the Vienna Boy's Choir. I'm trying to find it for my 83 yr old dad, he has cancer and all he talks about is my motocross years of him and I driving all over the country to race. Finished 8th in the state and season champion at two tracks in Iowa in 1979 my first year.
Great memories.