05 Suzuki rmz 450

Got a 05 rmz450
The choke plunger wouldn’t ever stay out by itself so I bought a new one that’s nice and tight so I don’t have to hold it open and try and kick the bike only problem now is I don’t think it’s actually opening the choke as it’s a hair smaller in length compared to the factory one and all the ones I see when I search them up all look the same size
What should I do ?

Got a 05 rmz450
The choke plunger wouldn’t ever stay out by itself so I bought a new one that’s nice and tight so I don’t have to hold it open and try and kick the bike only problem now is I don’t think it’s actually opening the choke as it’s a hair smaller in length compared to the factory one and all the ones I see when I search them up all look the same size
What should I do ?
Did you buy one directly from the carb manufacturer or online? Is there an idle adjustment on the choke?

Did you buy one directly from the carb manufacturer or online? Is there an idle adjustment on the choke?
Got one from eBay
I put the factory one back in with a ziptie to keep tension on it and it works
I’ve been troubleshooting this bike for months now and haven’t gotten anywhere
Previous owner had shop rebuild it since I’ve I had I made sure
Timing is 100% correct
Valves are in spec
Factory carb jets all clean
Fresh plug
But Takes forever to start it
Has been running lean I just richened it up and rn it’s not starting tho my exhaust does leak from pulling the muffler off a millions times getting to the carb
Will an exhaust leak cause hard start ups ?

I would double check the floats in the carb bowl. Also make sure the carb is not getting any air leaks around the bowl and the boots on both ends.