YZ450

I like having a real socket that you can put on a torque wrench. 27 is pretty common it seems. I have what i would best describe as a "gizmo" that goes on lots of trail rides with me. it is a lever, on a pivot attached to a metal loop with six sides cut into it. i can fit a variety of nuts and bolts. It gets used mainly for axle nuts while ON THE TRAIL. crazy looking thing that I picked up at a yard sale and havent seen another one. the lever pivots into one side of the nut, forcing it into one of the corners and binds it hard. doesnt round things off either. clumsy to use, but takes up little space. I havent run across another one in 20 years. currently taped to the back of a number plate on a yz out in my shed.

I like having a real socket that you can put on a torque wrench. 27 is pretty common it seems. I have what i would best describe as a "gizmo" that goes on lots of trail rides with me. it is a lever, on a pivot attached to a metal loop with six sides cut into it. i can fit a variety of nuts and bolts. It gets used mainly for axle nuts while ON THE TRAIL. crazy looking thing that I picked up at a yard sale and havent seen another one. the lever pivots into one side of the nut, forcing it into one of the corners and binds it hard. doesnt round things off either. clumsy to use, but takes up little space. I havent run across another one in 20 years. currently taped to the back of a number plate on a yz out in my shed.

Post a picture of this "gizmo" :prof:

I have to go out and get it out of my bike shed, which isnt easy with the snow lol. I found some similar that are open ended. Sooner or later that little pivot pin is going to break in mine and i will be drilling it and putting a real pin in it. It gets some laughs, and when someone has laughed they have to earn the right to use it on the trail rides. Doesnt round things like an adjustable open end wrench does. For a guy with a large snapon rollaway with a side cabinet on it and two top chests it looks out of place in the drawer, so it pretty much stays on the bike.

If you run across dan again, he may remember the time that I had a single 14 inch adjustable open end wrench. He borrowed it a time or two. Heck, he thought I was reasonably well equipped.

Post a picture of this "gizmo" :prof:
040216306.jpg

I think washing is one of the things I would pay to get done.

In college I worked in a shop (like lots of you probably). You could always tell the customers who actually read the owners manual, and the ones who brought the bike back to get the chain adjusted, expecting it to be warranty covered. (One girl who bought a 90 was just too darned cute to ever tell that it wasn't covered!)

Last edited:
I think washing is one of the things I would pay to get done.

In college I worked in a shop (like lots of you probably). You could always tell the customers who actually read the owners manual, and the ones who brought the bike back to get the chain adjusted, expecting it to be warranty covered. (One girl who bought a 90 was just too darned cute to ever tell that it wasn't covered!)
I'd pay to have my bike washed if it was a college bikini wash :thinking: