Yz125 WOT problem

Got a rebuild top and bottom end done on my 2001 Yz125 recently and when I crank it up it goes directly to WOT didnt have this problem before the rebuild when just putting piston in but was riding very slow even with throttle fully back how do I fix this?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Something is keeping the slide from fully closing in the carburetor.
Some ideas

Idle speed adjustment screw
Slide dirty or in backwards
Carburetor cap not fully installed/cross threaded
Throttle cable misrouted, mis-adjusted, or wearing out

Good luck, happens to the best of us. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Something is keeping the slide from fully closing in the carburetor.
Some ideas

Idle speed adjustment screw
Slide dirty or in backwards
Carburetor cap not fully installed/cross threaded
Throttle cable misrouted, mis-adjusted, or wearing out

Good luck, happens to the best of us. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Okay great quick question is there supposed to be a spring on the idle screw ? And would any scree work or idle screw specific because i don’t believe it has the correct screw in it or maybes it’s the bolt a bit loose

Okay great quick question is there supposed to be a spring on the idle screw ? And would any scree work or idle screw specific because i don’t believe it has the correct screw in it or maybes it’s the bolt a bit loose

the idle screw is very specific to the carb it belongs to. The end is tapered to the opening in the idle circuit. If it is incorrect Either get an old carb to scavenge or maybe eBay? As far as your hanging throttle I’m with Dan, first thought is mis routed cable.

the idle screw is very specific to the carb it belongs to. The end is tapered to the opening in the idle circuit. If it is incorrect Either get an old carb to scavenge or maybe eBay? As far as your hanging throttle I’m with Dan, first thought is mis routed cable.
Okay good the screw that was in doesnt really look like it’s and idle screw though maybe I should post an pic ?

Okay Sooo I was putting the carb slide in and when I did it didn’t go all the way down is it supposed to?

So could that be the problem ? And how do I fix it
Isolate the problem, start by disconnecting the throttle cable from the throttle twist. If the slide drops all the way down, then look at the throttle cable routing, if not then you’ll be looking at the slide itself or carb adjustment. You can also operate the cable at the twist side by hand, getting a better feel for if the cable or housing feels smooth or not.

Isolate the problem, start by disconnecting the throttle cable from the throttle twist. If the slide drops all the way down, then look at the throttle cable routing, if not then you’ll be looking at the slide itself or carb adjustment. You can also operate the cable at the twist side by hand, getting a better feel for if the cable or housing feels smooth or not.
Do you have snap or something so I can send you the pics