250 Yz 250 blown up?

i recently just traded rm85 for a yz250 the bike looks nice and it ran fine but when I was riding it the other day it started to bog a little and eventually just stalled. Is it blown up? Or is something not working right?

i recently just traded rm85 for a yz250 the bike looks nice and it ran fine but when I was riding it the other day it started to bog a little and eventually just stalled. Is it blown up? Or is something not working right?
Get a shop manual, put your scoot on a stand, and start the basics, then work up to the difficult. See if the crank spins, if its locked up, its time for a top end, or the dreaded split the cases bottom end. Pull you plug, set it on something not painted metal, spin the crank, spark? If not you might have and ignition issue. Check you fuel system, is the in tank filter clogged with gunk? How about your float bowl, do you have crappy hippy gas? I have seen ethynol crap clog up many a float bowl. A shop manual is your best friend...….9d46cb2358d07e513ea8cd6df7f95f08.jpg Rock on Eddie!

It’s not locked up I can still kick it over. I just got a brand new petcock and gas line just Yesturday for it and there’s a brand new carb on it.
Gas, air, and spark is what ya need. Check yer kill switch, Make sure yer' a gittin' gas, pull yer hose offfin the tank, grab a tin can, hold it under the petcock, <giggity, turn on the pet cock if gas is a flowin, yer' gold!, Pull the seat off, acess the air filter, is the intake clogged, iffin' its a clogged, she no run! Next check fer' spark, pull the plug and see if its a sparkin, if not, there's yer problem. Sometimes if ya pull offin' the carb. you can stick yer' fingers in the intake boot, and check fer the reed valves, be careful not to get dirt in there, cause thatll ruinimifacate yer engine. Feel the petals<giggity of the reed valve, ifin they are loose theres yer prob.

Hey Anthony, welcome to DBA from not so sunny Glasgow lol, no its probably not blown up and if you spend a bit of time on here the regular experienced riders/racers/builders will point you in the right direction, have you got tools and a manual? If you don't have a manual check Manualslib.com for a down load!
Was the 85 your first bike? Did you ever tune the carb?

I bet it blew up!View attachment 32048 Time for a new bike...
Just be like @Rack and trade it in when the tire pressure gets below 8psi. That right there is a good reason.

Most of us don't have his squish, but hey Division12 has posted twice so we know he's got what it takes.

First tool: Manual
Second tool: know how
Third tool: A good looking lady to keep you motivated.
Fourth tool: Oakley Shades!

Just be like @Rack and trade it in when the tire pressure gets below 8psi. That right there is a good reason.

Most of us don't have his squish, but hey Division12 has posted twice so we know he's got what it takes.

Fourth tool: Oakley Shades!
Right on brudda! Ayyyyyyy!da2bec2cf21a4275df984639801cfc8f.jpg Yo!

Fourth tool: beer!
although van and I usually pinch more tubes after the fourth tool is added