yup another new guy

hey folks
having an issue with the 03 yz250 the boy overheated it seized the motor. i put a new piston and rings on it. still can't get it to fire up now. it wants to. it has a couple times for a couple seconds but won't keep going. i did need to sand out a scratch in the cylinder body,don't see that being a problem. not really good at all this trying to learn to keep the boys dreams of riding alive. any help is appreciated.

no sorry i never thought of that at the time. it was guide deep though. i did get it out with a lot of patience. i was wondering if some how now it it a little to big a gap for the rings to seal. i don't know I'm trying.this is all new to me.i never had a bike, but the boy loves it.

I'll add, what's the compression feel like. Not going to have you do a compression check or leak down. Sounds like you might need additional help on that. So, start a dialect with me and I'll keep poking. On the road as a passenger for a few hours.

hey folks
having an issue with the 03 yz250 the boy overheated it seized the motor. i put a new piston and rings on it. still can't get it to fire up now. it wants to. it has a couple times for a couple seconds but won't keep going. i did need to sand out a scratch in the cylinder body,don't see that being a problem. not really good at all this trying to learn to keep the boys dreams of riding alive. any help is appreciated.

One of the first things I like to hear when an engine wont start is for the owner to tell me what the plug looks like immediately after trying to start it. Starts for a few seconds can mean it is "dry" or that is is trying to flood, or someone decided in the case of a rebuild that the cylinder now needs more oil that it will ever see in it's life to be soaking the walls for some reason only known to someone else.