250F Yamaha releases 2 new 250f Cross Country bikes.

I'm not buying it...
Maybe you won't, but I think its badass. For years the WR has been a really porky trail bike that gets no love, to finally build something that looks like its ready to wage war with KTM is pretty exciting for me. I mean, MX bikes get all the love and a lot of people have to "convert them" so to speak, Honda doesn't care, hasn't updated the CRF-X in years. Kawasaki and Suzuki both had failed entrants into the area, so even if its just 250 4 strokes (for now), its nice to see someone else step up.
6th speed tranny, elec start....now if they could just do that to the 450:thinking:
I'd imagine a WR450F and YZ450X aren't too far away....
You won't
Nope, My down payment chose to go to something else today
amigo blow out.jpg
how about they do this to their 2 stroke models....

a kid can dream right?

Maybe they will? a complete off road line up for everyone isn't complete without enduro 2 strokes. and a new YZ-X and WR kinda indicates they might be listening after all.

Last edited:
Maybe you won't, but I think its badass. For years the WR has been a really porky trail bike that gets no love, to finally build something that looks like its ready to wage war with KTM is pretty exciting for me. I mean, MX bikes get all the love and a lot of people have to "convert them" so to speak, Honda doesn't care, hasn't updated the CRF-X in years. Kawasaki and Suzuki both had failed entrants into the area, so even if its just 250 4 strokes (for now), its nice to see someone else step up.

I'd imagine a WR450F and YZ450X aren't too far away....

Nope, My down payment chose to go to something else today
View attachment 23831

Maybe they will? a complete off road line up for everyone isn't complete without enduro 2 strokes. and a new YZ-X and WR kinda indicates they might be listening after all.

Yamaha had a solid reliable motor in the "Wanda" and now have thrown lights on the MX model with some BNG.

I loved the reliable 250 motor yammi put out. I'm hoping this new one is equally impressive. Time shall tell.

Yamaha had a solid reliable motor in the "Wanda" and now have thrown lights on the MX model with some BNG.

I loved the reliable 250 motor yammi put out. I'm hoping this new one is equally impressive. Time shall tell.
Its essentially the same thing the WR has always been :confused:

Same frame, motor, some odds and ends to make it better off road.

If anything, it has less in common with the current yz than my wr does with an 01 yz.
6 speed vs. 5 speed for starters

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Those are a pair of nice rigs. I think the WR has a future in the AZ world for a small bore 4 banger. Time will tell what 2017 brings. Thats when I will be in the market for a new bike and ORANGE is not an option!!! :hug:

Its essentially the same thing the WR has always been :confused:

Same frame, motor, some odds and ends to make it better off road.

If anything, it has less in common with the current yz than my wr does with an 01 yz.
6 speed vs. 5 speed for starters

Correct me if I'm wrong.
The new WR250 get's the "backward".