WR450F "magic button"

Alright, I havent really complained and it still starts the bike, but when I see people using their electric starts they have the bike start as soon as they touch it. Mine starts in about 3 seconds after I touch it when the started starts to work. So whats going on? It does start the bike, but if I could make it better that would be nice.

Alright, I havent really complained and it still starts the bike, but when I see people using their electric starts they have the bike start as soon as they touch it. Mine starts in about 3 seconds after I touch it when the started starts to work. So whats going on? It does start the bike, but if I could make it better that would be nice.

if i remember right theres a wire you cut or cross or something... let me check into it again, i got rid of my WR with the button

the blue wire if i remember correctly just mapped it different (similar to the YZ) What all do you have done to yours? AIS removed?

The 2004s don't have the AIS, I don't think that started until 2005 or 2006 not too sure. I just did the free mods, but it's been doing this ever since I got the bike. Its the grey wire that does the ignition mapping, and the sky blue that gives it a different air mapping i think or something like that. i do remember a while back someone saying something about the blue/white wire, but i can't remember what it does exactly.

No worries man, someone explained it all to me. Apparently the older WRs haha a starter that hits every other stroke instead of every one. This allows the starter to get up to "speed" so you don't wear it out as fast, its all so clear now haha. Thanks for the help.

No worries man, someone explained it all to me. Apparently the older WRs haha a starter that hits every other stroke instead of every one. This allows the starter to get up to "speed" so you don't wear it out as fast, its all so clear now haha. Thanks for the help.
oh ok... yeah i just got word it was the blue/white wire and it makes it spark every stroke.

yeah a bunch of people were telling me to cut the wire. But a few people on TT that have helped me out with my bike a lot told me to leave it be... So that's what ill do haha.

yeah a bunch of people were telling me to cut the wire. But a few people on TT that have helped me out with my bike a lot told me to leave it be... So that's what ill do haha.
lol.. cool deal you probably saw my post over there then :devil:

this place is great but theres more knowledge over there... more stupid people too though so its kinda a trade off

Yeah there are some people there that know what they are talking about and others that are complete idiots haha. I like DBA its seems more friendly and its not as tense it seems.

Thanks for all the help man, and I did see your post.