Torrential rain.
Red mud.
Wild animals.
Jungle mushrooms.
Poached hiking trails.
New friends and contacts made.
Camera stolen out of luggage on the way home :foul:

Where is that CDA and his famous spray paint tagger :thinking:

The line is something like this.........................

"thread sucks without pics" :prof:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:P

14 days in Costa Rica.
4 days of motos.
Hundreds of pictures.
Big surf.
Waterfalls.
River crossings.
Torrential rain.
Red mud.
Wild animals.
Jungle mushrooms.
Poached hiking trails.
New friends and contacts made.
Camera stolen out of luggage on the way home :foul:

WOW, sorry you lost your proof of being there...:P...seriously though truelly sorry...My sister and Bro-in-law were planning on moving there and starting a business. Had all the details mapped out, property lined up, etc. For whatever reason it never came through...with Sam being Puerto Rican and being able to speak their language (somewhat if not fluently) you'da thunk they'd be in. They've told us about the country and what it has to offer just as you say and then some. Rick Johnson had one of his "EPIC Adventure" shows from CR...looked awsome. Hope your camera shows up! :ride:

I did Costa Rica in 2004. Epic riding! I just rented some Honda Fourtrax quad for $60 for the day with a guide! Everything is sooo cheap there! The heat and humidity in the jungle is BRUTAL! It saps the life out of you! Luckily, there are rivers and waterfalls everywhere where you can do bellyflops into and cool your bean! It was 95F by 10am and you could cut the humidity with a knife! They have some scary wildlife out there! Aggressive howler monkeys, gators in the rivers, fish that bite you, snakes out the ass, spiders as big as your hand, ants that sting like wasps, plus things that GET you if you are taking a dip and cooling off!

Costa Rica....+10 on the coolness factor! Cheap as hell and coolness factor. -10 on the scary factor for things that bite and for the 3rd world locals that will shake you down naked if given the chance!

I did Costa Rica in 2004. Epic riding! I just rented some Honda Fourtrax quad for $60 for the day with a guide! Everything is sooo cheap there! The heat and humidity in the jungle is BRUTAL! It saps the life out of you! Luckily, there are rivers and waterfalls everywhere where you can do bellyflops into and cool your bean! It was 95F by 10am and you could cut the humidity with a knife! They have some scary wildlife out there! Aggressive howler monkeys, gators in the rivers, fish that bite you, snakes out the ass, spiders as big as your hand, ants that sting like wasps, plus things that GET you if you are taking a dip and cooling off!

Costa Rica....+10 on the coolness factor! Cheap as hell and coolness factor. -10 on the scary factor for things that bite and for the 3rd world locals that will shake you down naked if given the chance!

Kinda what I would think...:shocked:...but I could be wrong...

3rd world locals that will shake you down naked if given the chance!
Kinda what I would think...:shocked:...but I could be wrong...

That costs extra and is legal.....$100 per hour :rolleyes:
Me, I take sand to the beach.:rant:
My bananas, cocos and other assorted fruit and flowers are growing like crazy.
Most of the riding is dual sport oriented, gravel roads to red mud to primitive 2 tracks with lots of water crossings.
Singletrack is there but hard to find and even harder to ride with the slippery factor thrown in. Full gear required as there are vines that will take a layer of flesh if they get a chance.
I'll dig up some old pics when work slows down to give you an idea...
Can't hardly wait to get back there. Hoping to do an all boys moto trip in December :banana:

That costs extra and is legal.....$100 per hour :rolleyes:
Me, I take sand to the beach.:rant:
My bananas, cocos and other assorted fruit and flowers are growing like crazy.
Most of the riding is dual sport oriented, gravel roads to red mud to primitive 2 tracks with lots of water crossings.
Singletrack is there but hard to find and even harder to ride with the slippery factor thrown in. Full gear required as there are vines that will take a layer of flesh if they get a chance.
I'll dig up some old pics when work slows down to give you an idea...
Can't hardly wait to get back there. Hoping to do an all boys moto trip in December :banana:

Shakedowns are legal? So I guess always take an extra C note or 5 just for this expected activity?...do they remember you and won't hastle you any more? ...No thanks, use to go down to San Felipe twice a year back in the late 80's early 90's until the banditos began hastling us. I was never unfortunate to be ROBBED and left it that way. Haven't been back in a long time and have no intentions of it either. ...lots of stuff here in the states I've never seen. :thumb:

Shakedowns are legal? So I guess always take an extra C note or 5 just for this expected activity?...do they remember you and won't hastle you any more? ...No thanks, use to go down to San Felipe twice a year back in the late 80's early 90's until the banditos began hastling us. I was never unfortunate to be ROBBED and left it that way. Haven't been back in a long time and have no intentions of it either. ...lots of stuff here in the states I've never seen. :thumb:

Ohhhh, is that what you meant? :thinking: I got confused with the nakey shakey.:shocked:
I got stopped by a transit cop the other day, no seat belts on...after playing the dumb tourist no speekie spanish, I wore him down! I think he wanted a puma (about $20) but I just kept playing that I didn't understand his whole "write you a ticket for $300 speech....
The transit cops are notorious for shake downs, all they are allowed to do is write tickets, they can not give chase :lol:
The police can not write tickets, they can only do police work.
Catch 22 at it's finest.

Note to self:

When flying home from an epic adventure remove the memory card from the camera and take in your pocket or carry on.

I just ran away!! From the cops and the locals! I just used the accelerator to go away! Once you get 100 yds from cops or locals, they give up, and you go about your business. It is a totally lawless world there once you get out of the city. Geezus, the women are totally smoking hot there! Even in the little tiny towns! If you stop to have a beer, get water, you better not stay more than 15 minutes or you are FUBAR'd! "American Gringos with cash!"

This is the way I feel these days. We have been thinking of going to CR for a get away but I can not convince myself to do something like this. :thinking: I tend to shy away from these countries that you can get lost in so easily. :devil:
...No thanks, use to go down to San Felipe twice a year back in the late 80's early 90's until the banditos began hastling us. I was never unfortunate to be ROBBED and left it that way. Haven't been back in a long time and have no intentions of it either. ...lots of stuff here in the states I've never seen. :thumb: