Winter Storage?

Well I do not know where you live but where I live I always put gas in it, ride it and clean it. Winter time is the season for me. :thumb:

James

Staff member
Mine is also getting ready to be stored for the winter. :(

Only thing I usually do is put a fuel stabilizer in the fuel and open the carb drain until the stabilizer makes it way down there. I don't drain the fuel as I've had issues with the carb gunking up when the fuel dries out inside it.

To save your suspension be sure to put it on a stand so that there's no weight on the tires/suspension.

I also replace the air filter with one of the No Toil air box covers so that nothing can get inside it.

If you are not fortunate enough to find yourself in a place where you can rid the winter like 530ktm and myself you might have to winterize. I had jetski's and even in SoCal they got put to bed for the winter. The first thing is the fuel. Stabilizer works, but make sure to run the bike some so it gets in the carb bowl as well. I liked to completely drain everything. Completely means the carb too. It's just a screw and is rather easy.

If your bike is so equipped, don't just leave the battery there all winter. It will be dead for sure come spring. Use a batter tender or better yet take the battery out and store in a heated area. Again use a tender or charge it once a month.

That said, I prefer my winterizing plan. Ride!