Wilson's Customer Appreciation Desert Ride 2/22 - 2/24

So Wilson's Motorsports puts on a desert trip for their customers each year. They invite all their customer's out to the dez for a couple days of riding and feeds lunch to everyone one day along with raffling off some great swag from some of their vendors. This was the 12th year they have put this on. I attended the event the last 2 years only for a day ride, but missed the lunch activities and raffle. (some of you may remember a thread where Bota and the one half owner of the shop locked the keys in my truck way out by Cuddy Back Dry lake). Well since I have purchased a bike from the shop this last year (CDA Jr's 350), we made a weekend out of this trip this year.

I was really bad about taking pictures this trip so my photo contribution is going to be a little weak. I will have to rely on Rack to contribute here.

The Mgr, CDA Jr and myself headed out Thursday around 3pm for the dez with the rolling condo hooked up. We had the Cat, Modded TTR and a couple mountain bikes secured in the garage out back. The game plan was to leave around 2 and we would try and time meeting Rack and crew just outside Mojave and follow each other out, but JR did a "SQUIRREL!" and did not get home until 2:45.

Well we rolled into Mojave to fuel up the truck as I already had fuel, water and food in the condo. We stopped at the supermarket there to grab some ice, some more fruit and dinner for the night. When I went to leave, we noticed that where I parked the driveway heading back out of the parking lot was covered in over grown tress and the condo would never make it through, so we had to snake our way around the parking lot to get out.

As I was making my last maneuver, my mgr informed me that I clipped the last tree as the rear of the condo likes to swing wide with turning..:picard: So we are now out on the hwy and heading towards our destination. The sun is now going down and all is good. Condo looks pretty all lit up at night as I have never had her tooling down the road after dark.

We are about 20 mins away when Rack calls and says "where you at?" I told him the desert blows and I turned around and went home :smirk:. Said we are 20mins out and hung up. Looked in my mirror and notice it was really dark behind the cab of the truck. I tapped my breaks and about 41'11" back I could see my break lights come on...:thinking: What happened to my beautiful running lights?

I pulled over at "Y" of Garlock and Randsburg Rd. (for you locals) to take a look. Sure enough the trailer is dark, no running lights. I unplug and plug in the lights and nothing. I do have turn and break, so I jump back in the truck and head out. I will look at those later. I start to see headlights approaching in my Rear view mirror and think, I may want to let them know there is dark condo rolling down the street, so I hit the hazards for the rest of the way in.

We pull into camp, get setup, unloaded and enjoy some dinner. Hang out by the fire a meet a few new people and then hit the bed around 11pm for an early morning ride........

Stay Tuned....

So early morning comes and it is about 6:15am and tell JR to get up. We suit up and on the bikes by 7am. We are doing a short run this morning to the Doppler or "Golf Ball" as some of us call it.

Here is JR grinding his way up the long incline.
IMG_2902.jpg

Up ahead we make a right and start the climb to the Doppler.
Here I am half way up and you can see the climb we have done so far and JR still hammering it out.
IMG_2903.jpg

Here is our destination.
IMG_2904.jpg

Keep cranking up and we made it......Well JR is grinding out the last 20 yards...
IMG_2905.jpg

A view of the scooters and Doppler in the background.
IMG_2906.jpg

Nice shot looking out towards Ridgecrest...
IMG_2908.jpg

A view of the beautiful morning desert and where we came from..
IMG_2907.jpg

After a couple Gatorade Gel packs and Energy Chews, we jump back on the bike and head down the road 100 yards and hook a left off to grab a sweet trail.

IMG_2909.jpg

We looked at each other and said "Why did I not mount the Helmet cam up for this?" This top section was a hang the :moon: off the back of the seat and hang on....We took the trail to the right of the picture all the way down to the hwy. I looked at the Max MPH on my trip meter on the bars and we saw 31.5 mph in this section. Some sweet whoops and rocks to fly through.

Stay Tuned...

Just to give you a perspective of the desert we traveled and non of it on the main road. Mostly dirt except the road going up to the Doppler, here is the same picture from up top and the arrow is pointing at the campers.
2911.jpg

Here is the top of the dirt trail and the arrow is showing Prospector's Camp where we hold our T-Day Ride. Just in front of the arrow is the train tracks. We rode all the way out to Prospector's and hooked a right and rode along the train tracks and up and over the hill back to camp (Football Field). Total trip was only 10 miles, but is was a grind and we had a great time.
2912.jpg
Once we got back, breakfast was made for us by the manager and I suited up in my gas scooter gear to go throw my leg over a special scooter that was brought out for me to try...:wiggle:

stay tuned.....