Will it hurt anything? Brap, brap, brap, brap

Guys when my son rides his 65sx he likes to hear it and thinks its cool. So why your cruising he constantly does the brap, brap, brap, brap, brap, just kinda feathering off and on. Drives me nuts. Its like he can't just set it and ride. Anyways he is getting better but I'm curious does it hurt the bike at all or effect anything? Besides my patients..:lol:

I have always heard the best thing for an engine is compression and decompression through the rpm range. Don't think it will hurt anything but your ears buddy. Hahahahahaha! I think the same thing when I ride with my two stroke buddies. Even on the trial that seems to be the way they ride. A four stroke seems much more fluid.

yea PBK rides his 2 stroke that way. we used a cala rider head set this last weekend and i actually enjoyed hearing it through the speakers :lol:

My son did the same thing. It drove me crazy. I told him it will get very bad gas mileage and some day it might run out. We went on a long ride and it ran out of gas. I made him push it for a while. I FINALLY :devil: found the tow strap and towed his azz back to camp.

He dosent rides like that anymore...:thumb:

James

Staff member
My son did the same thing. It drove me crazy. I told him it will get very bad gas mileage and some day it might run out. We went on a long ride and it ran out of gas. I made him push it for a while. I FINALLY :devil: found the tow strap and towed his azz back to camp.

:lol: That'll teach him.

You'll learn to love it.:prof:
On/off is the fun part. -BIG DAN

:lol:

:lol:

It sort of reminds me when you hear people (not just kids) that are reving the crap out of their 4stroke when they should just shift up:lol: I cant stand to hear it. I sometimes yell "shift!" like "four!" on the golf course:smirk:

James

Staff member
It sort of reminds me when you hear people (not just kids) that are reving the crap out of their 4stroke when they should just shift up:lol: I cant stand to hear it. I sometimes yell "shift!" like "four!" on the golf course:smirk:
:devil: I don't do that.

I'll admit that I can't stand loud bikes though, change that exhaust packing already!:rant: A loud exhaust doesn't make you faster, it actually robs you of power. :prof:

:devil: I don't do that.

I'll admit that I can't stand loud bikes though, change that exhaust packing already!:rant: A loud exhaust doesn't make you faster, it actually robs you of power. :prof:
I disagree, my bike is loud and it has soooo much HP. If I quite it down, it will be slow....:prof::smirk: