Why sierra club can kiss my ass

so i recently talked a stranger into never donating to the sierra club again. :rocker: james got me thinking about what it is they actually do in chat so i started to do some googling. Of course as dirt bike enthusiasts we all know about how they get our land shut down and what not but they are far worse then just that alone... I came across this gem of an article.
http://www.discerningtoday.org/memb...lub-club_of_rome_causes_california_crises.htm

some highlights of the article are ...
"two sources with knowledge of the meeting tell Insight that a Sierra Club leader told Gould the group was 'not interested in accommodation.' They were not even interested in what is perceived to be conventional conservationist concerns, the welfare of wildlife and so on.
CEO Gould affirmed the truth of the statements made--that the Sierra Club leadership had no interest in protecting the environment, but in advancing an earth-worshipping, antihuman agenda bent on creating a world government so a small global elite could control the rest of the world.

Also some people blame the sierra club for trhe BP disaster from what i have read. they are the ones who made it so that BP had to go out farther and drill in deeper water which was a lot of the problem when the disaster struck.

What other dirt do you know about the sierra club? post it up lets make this thread informative for anyone who might not know how bad the sierra club really is.

As Griffith Park recovers from the fire that scorched 800 acres last spring, park rangers and environmentalists are accusing hikers of damaging pristine chaparral by straying from official trails.
And the major culprit, some say: elite hikers of the Sierra Club, a 116-year-old advocate for all things green.
Trained hike leaders not only are hot-dogging off legal trails but are blazing new ones or leading fast-paced walks across recovering burn areas, critics from the club say.
"Where I take issue is where Sierra Club hike leaders are taking shortcuts and creating new trails," said Louis Alvarado, honorary mayor of Griffith Park and longtime Sierra Club hike coordinator. "In some cases, it's deforming the natural terrain, killing wild plants and flowers, and defacing the natural landscape."
An official from the Angeles Chapter of the Sierra Club said hikers are instructed to keep out of burn areas and stay on official Griffith Park trails.
"We're trying our best," said Virgil Shields, an executive member of the club's Angeles Chapter, adding it's hard to police 1,000 hike leaders and 50,000 local members.

While rangers have posted new signs telling all to stay on designated trails, many say few, if any, knew which were authorized trails before an official city map was released last fall.
A walk in the park offers few clues as to which trails are official and which aren't.
Hike leader Andy Serrano, who sponsors an evening "boot camp" for the hardiest hikers, said a trail is a trail, with many undesignated paths leading to stairways, bridges and other man-made features.
In some areas, he said, the unofficial trails are the only way to get from place to place, as from Lake Hollywood to Mount Cahuenga.
"I'm a fast hiker, but I don't blaze new trails," Serrano said. He added that, without the sporting element, many hikers would rather stay home. "They won't come. I wouldn't come.
"I'd go to the gym, where there are pretty girls in leotards," he said. "The smaller trails ... are very steep. You do some technical climbing. There are rocks. They're more challenging.
"The fire trails are like a sidewalk. There's absolutely nothing interesting there."

I agree with all points made.

Philosophical question, for which I do not believe there is a correct answer. Should threads like this be archived in the search engines?

I agree with all points made.

Philosophical question, for which I do not believe there is a correct answer. Should threads like this be archived in the search engines?

good point........kind of a catch 22/damned if you did, damnde if you didn't situation. :thinking:

You have to agree that the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) are eco-terrorists in the same way that the Sierra Club sucks balls!

More than 80% of their money they get from donating yobs goes toward administrative and political ends.

So, those teary eyed puppies and those little kittens you see on TV with that lesbian bitch that croons for money is bullshit. You aren't saving a puppy or a kitten, you are supporting anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-meat eating agenda.

I have to go grill a deer burger now!

You have to agree that the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) are eco-terrorists in the same way that the Sierra Club sucks balls!

More than 80% of their money they get from donating yobs goes toward administrative and political ends.

So, those teary eyed puppies and those little kittens you see on TV with that lesbian bitch that croons for money is bullshit. You aren't saving a puppy or a kitten, you are supporting anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-meat eating agenda.

:thumb:

Nice rant.:thumb: