Injured whisky whisky john-doe, head on

This dude is a mechanic who has worked with my dad, and I have ridden with him a couple times. I saw this on facebook today.

"They didn't know my name, so my tag said whisky whisky john-doe. Broken jaw in two places, two broken ribs, collapesed lung, broken sternum, and seven stiches under my chin. One weekend I'll never forget!..... Once I remimber it.... Had a head on with anther dirt biker."
314624_2560289723437_1139871057_32969515_1559254636_n.jpg

his new bike, not sure how it faired
307535_2450168050464_1139871057_32882862_1679197811_n.jpg

here is the vid. This vid is following the guy who hit my buddy, as you can see, he is on the far left side of a very wide service road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NJjoacQF84E

"I was out for most of it but i feel it more now, two broken ribs, cracked sternum, punctured lung, and some bleeding on the brain. The guy that hit me fractured four disks in his back."
Holy Moly - pretty powerful vid :shocked: Thanks for sharing Jos.

Most of you know my experience with this type of thing. For those of you that do not know, this is the exact same thing that happened to my friend in the desert on a dirt road. My friend riding along one way and a younger kid coming from the opposite direction on the wrong side of the road. My friend was killed on that road 2 years ago this Thanksgiving. The other kid survived with some serious injuries. On coming riders is one of my biggest concerns for everyone I ride with.

It is real easy to sit back and make judgments on how you would have reacted in this moment. I was the leader that day. I have been riding with this group now for almost 5 years, last year I did 53 rides each consisting between 35 to 68 miles each ride. This accident happened on my 40th ride this year. We have traveled to five states and have spent many of days and hours getting to know each other. Not one of us is willing to put the other in a situation that we wouldn't be willing to do are selfs, or making sure that one helps the other to make sure we all get there. The video is on-line and you can be the judge ( MT ADAMS 10/16/11 )YOUTUBE. One could say; why wouldn't you wait en tell the group was all together be for moving again. Or why is that guy in the left lane on a blind corner without a point man in front of him to give him an idea whats coming up. This I do know, I would change everything that day if I could. My partner has four bad spinel injuries and a bike that has substantial damage. I have two broken ribs, cracked sternum, collapsed lung, broken jaw in two places, five stitches in my chin, bleeding from the brain, and I now have nerve damage in my right arm and shoulder that make me want to cut off my arm. My new 2012 KTM450 XC-W has substantial damage, but I'm sure it will be ready to ride long before I'm ready. Sherm if you read this I hope that you make a full recovery and ride again. Me I will get there and when I do it will be on two wheels.
Thanks to all for the well wishes! For the ones that think they know, piss up a rope! This isn't a group of beginners! And if you where down and out, you could only be so lucky to have a group of guys this experienced on the trail with you. JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!

James

Staff member
Huh? Jos if you're qouting somebody please put it in qoute tags.

Oh and your images are broken, uploading them directly to the forum helps pervent this. :thumb:

Damn I just got to this. There are a few lucky people in this video. I would have to say its a good thing everyone one was "experienced". Had they not been, who knows what kind of reaction to this terrible situation may have occured.

Do you have an update? Are they out of the hospital?