Which is a good street dirt bike just for transportation?

I don't do any off-road stuff. I am just buying it coz I got no money and its hell cheap. As far as I know, I don't even need insurance for this. And it can even go on a highway!

So, which brand.model would go the fastest, give the best mileage, and have a better handling for street?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you need a motorcycle license and insurance for a motorcycle in any state. Unless were talking a moped 49cc's and under

I am sorry, I got confused, I meant it will be considerably cheap as in relation to other insurances..more choices please...

If I buy used, what should I do to check if they are any good or not for my needs?

Little bit confused here, and I never had a concussion. Are you already looking at a specific bike? If so tell us what it is. As far as insurance goes, it might be low it might be high. That all depends on the rider. Are you even old enough to have a drivers license? Do you have M class on your license? Have you had any DUI, wrecks, tickets? Do you have a car, house, life insurance with current Ins company? There are all types of things that affect insurance rates to each individual. Honestly your better off picking up the phone and calling a few. They will give and answer in 15 minutes or less and could save 15% or more :lol: sorry had to throw that in, we can only guess. I called a few weeks ago for insurance for a Harley and it was only $25 a month but I am over 25, married and have 2 cars, home and life ins with this company.

If you ask us about bikes now,, I know there are plenty of people on here that will know the answer to that.

I'm a fellow Ohioian, but I'm only 14 so..

As interpited, if you are asking for a good street bike there are a few options. KTM makes a long line of excellent Dual sport bikes street legal, and supermotos. But alot of times KTM can be a bit pricer than most. Suzuki's DRZ line is also excellent, as said above the 400s are fairly tame legal dual sport bikes that you can have some fun with. Yamaha makes a WR-R line that is also street legal with some pretty gnarley options :thumb: WR250R WR450R. Kawasaki makes KLRs that are pretty cool too. Lastly Honda makes the ZR650L and the CRF230L. All these are good choices, anything else probably won't be. I can also post up some of their pics if you'd like me to

Now with this said, you need to have a motorcycle endorsement on your licenes and motorcycle insurance for anything over 49cc. The classes are easy, cheap and very intreasting. As far as the insurance goes, it can get pretty expensive but it'll still be cheaper than a car :thumb: