Where to ride near me?

I'm in DFW Texas, and it seems all but 2 local riding areas have vanished? I looked on-line and most researches turned out to be useless. I was wondering if there are some local riders who know of some good areas which an old timer like myself could ride. Thanx in advance Hondabro….

Which 2 are you talking about and what do you like Mx or off-road?
Welcome to the forum
Thanks, the 2 that are close are Trophy Club park, and Shady Grove, both are nice off road parks, I used to race at Mosier Valley but they closed it off, Rocky Ridge is another one. I was hoping to find a new place to ride that every one in dfw could ride and its "new" compared to the other places....

Oh shady grove.. yep been there D R Y and hard pack. Once jumped the fence and rode for miles down the trinity with a buddy. That was nuts, got chased by a COE official in a ford ranger for a while, lady didn’t stand a chance though and let us go. Been to TCP/Marshall creek back in the day before the rules. Gotta quit crying over Mosier valley but it still hurts. So damn close, right in the metro. If was the first real mx I ever did and it set the bar pretty high. Best dirt ever. Been filled in 10+ years and I miss it like yesterday. No real good off-road parks local, red river and barnwell. Both an hour+ Plenty of big sack mx but still an hour or better. Village creek is fun, but sack up and super crowded on practice days. You know the list.. oak hill, nocona, river valley etc. edge mx is new and well maintained, nut up though. Greenville is one of my favorites, not the greatest dirt but he cares for it and both big tables have long run ups and landings so go as big as you want up to 100’ and not a whole lot of commited doubles. Barnett’s sucks, kinda like shady grove, open weekdays and has a small bit of off-road trail. Been so hot I haven’t ridden in 3 months. Getting ready!

Oh shady grove.. yep been there D R Y and hard pack. Once jumped the fence and rode for miles down the trinity with a buddy. That was nuts, got chased by a COE official in a ford ranger for a while, lady didn’t stand a chance though and let us go. Been to TCP/Marshall creek back in the day before the rules. Gotta quit crying over Mosier valley but it still hurts. So damn close, right in the metro. If was the first real mx I ever did and it set the bar pretty high. Best dirt ever. Been filled in 10+ years and I miss it like yesterday. No real good off-road parks local, red river and barnwell. Both an hour+ Plenty of big sack mx but still an hour or better. Village creek is fun, but sack up and super crowded on practice days. You know the list.. oak hill, nocona, river valley etc. edge mx is new and well maintained, nut up though. Greenville is one of my favorites, not the greatest dirt but he cares for it and both big tables have long run ups and landings so go as big as you want up to 100’ and not a whole lot of commited doubles. Barnett’s sucks, kinda like shady grove, open weekdays and has a small bit of off-road trail. Been so hot I haven’t ridden in 3 months. Getting ready!
Yeup, is 360 really closed for good? The trails went on for miles, at one point some factory moved in on the east side of 360, and I noticed someone strung up cable "dirt bike rider head height" between some trees, good thing I ducked, or I wouldn't be here writing this, don't know if it was the ware house or a factory, but it happened long ago when 360 was closing, kinda dangerous I thought......

Don’t know about that one. The guy at edge brought in some good dirt though I am chomping at the bit to get back. Is almost 2hrs from me but worth it!
6J7xi27.jpg

Here ls a shot of my sons best riding buddy @edgemx. He is now in Poland enlisted in the service. The army has a good boy in this one I hope they give him every opportunity. I know he’s dreaming of moto right now!

..oh and that’s one of the small jumps

Last edited:
Don’t know about that one. The guy at edge brought in some good dirt though I am chomping at the bit to get back. Is almost 2hrs from me but worth it!
6J7xi27.jpg

Here ls a shot of my sons best riding buddy @edgemx. He is now in Poland enlisted in the service. The army has a good boy in this one I hope they give him every opportunity. I know he’s dreaming of moto right now!

..oh and that’s one of the small jumps
Looks nice! Click some photogs, and let us see em' 2hrs for an old dude like me is no Bueno, after the trip over id be ready to head on back, lol! Now if someone would be cool and build a nice track round here. I could dig that.....

Hey I just figured out how to embed video so I thought I would test it out. Heres my boy on the aforementioned tabletop :)
Awesome vid 2wheels! Now if I could just have some soil and track construction at Trophy Park, aka Marshall creek, id be happy! Oh well its cool dream.....