When it rains in AZ...

We take advantage of it.
This pic is at the end of the day and after 6 hours and 56 miles of riding.
The best part was after the kiddo said "Dad, I can make it through that" referring to a 30 foot long mudhole.
I said "I bet you can, and speed is your friend".
Needless to say he didn't heed my advice about speed, and layed it over twice in this mudhole.
I still have to review the GoPro video, but it was an awesome day.
I knew that tow strap I brought would get used eventually, today was the day.
11.06.20164.JPG

When it rains in the desert you load up the bike.
Thats exactly what we did.
Unfortunately it was just he and I, so we couldn't get too crazy. But if we had others along it would have been a mudfest, there were plenty of holes to go get stuck in.
Oh and when it rains in az it will soon be raining in tx all...day...long :(
It rained a few days ago, so you should be getting wet real soon then...

Winter is finally here. 80 degree temps from here on out.
The only thing I dont like about winter in AZ are the goddamn snowbirds.
I'm pretty sure my town doubles in population and they move so friggin slow, clogging up the roads and supermarkets.

This pic was from our last ride this past Wed, where we put on about 30 miles. It's a photo taken at the near-top of the mountain range that is about 15 miles west of our home.
It was super windy and dusty that day, but what is important here is that it was a decent, semi-difficult grade for him, and he made it to the top. He was afraid to try it at first, but he did, and got to enjoy a view that while dusty, you dont get to see unless you get up in altitude and take the risk.
This was approximately 2300 ft AGL.
Afterward he told me that 2nd gear gives him confidence all the way through.100_27331.JPG

This pic was from our last ride this past Wed, where we put on about 30 miles. It's a photo taken at the near-top of the mountain range that is about 15 miles west of our home.
It was super windy and dusty that day, but what is important here is that it was a decent, semi-difficult grade for him, and he made it to the top. He was afraid to try it at first, but he did, and got to enjoy a view that while dusty, you dont get to see unless you get up in altitude and take the risk.
This was approximately 2300 ft AGL.
Afterward he told me that 2nd gear gives him confidence all the way through.View attachment 29840
Great picture!:thumb: