What's the right bike for me?

I'm 13 years old and have no expierience on a dirtbike. Rode quads all my life except for a lil 50cc Suzuki. I'm 5"8 and 117lbs. I want a bike for just going wide open, some trail riding and doing wheelies. Thanks

I'm 13 years old and have no expierience on a dirtbike. Rode quads all my life except for a lil 50cc Suzuki. I'm 5"8 and 117lbs. I want a bike for just going wide open, some trail riding and doing wheelies. Thanks

Welcome Colton.....sounds like you're looking for maybe a 125, Whats your price range....if your going new, I'd look at the YZ, or maybe SX (ktm) if your on more of a budget, you can go older and get a decent bike for 2000 or 2500 maybe, at this point just look for one that's in good condition, but all things being equal, I'd still probably look at the YZ 125, no matter what year you get it will be a pretty solid model, where the other makes had they're good and bad model years. If your looking 4 stroke, the WR 250 is probably a decent choice for all around riding, and reliability, I'm not a fan of 4 strokes but that bike seems like a decent choice. If you get anything lined up,tell us and show pics, I'm sure others will sound off on they're advice as well.

Welcome Colton.....sounds like you're looking for maybe a 125, Whats your price range....if your going new, I'd look at the YZ, or maybe SX (ktm) if your on more of a budget, you can go older and get a decent bike for 2000 or 2500 maybe, at this point just look for one that's in good condition, but all things being equal, I'd still probably look at the YZ 125, no matter what year you get it will be a pretty solid model, where the other makes had they're good and bad model years. If your looking 4 stroke, the WR 250 is probably a decent choice for all around riding, and reliability, I'm not a fan of 4 strokes but that bike seems like a decent choice. If you get anything lined up,tell us and show pics, I'm sure others will sound off on they're advice as well.
Thanks! I was thinking the power band may be a little to much but I guess I'll try. I like 2 strokes better than 4 strokes so this sounds great! Thanks for the help!

Thanks! I was thinking the power band may be a little to much but I guess I'll try. I like 2 strokes better than 4 strokes so this sounds great! Thanks for the help!

Well weight and height wise, your right in the wheel house for a 125, they do demand constant gear selection and a lot of wide open throttle, but they are fun bikes for what you seemed to be looking for. But like I said, keep us updated as to your selection process.....and remember pics pics and more pics.

Well weight and height wise, your right in the wheel house for a 125, they do demand constant gear selection and a lot of wide open throttle, but they are fun bikes for what you seemed to be looking for. But like I said, keep us updated as to your selection process.....and remember pics pics and more pics.
Found a nice one but its a lil pricy. I'm gonna go ahead and get a 125 the link to the bike is http://annapolis.craigslist.org/for/4705717599.html or for another http://smd.craigslist.org/mcy/4705041604.html please tell me how they are

Found a nice one but its a lil pricy. I'm gonna go ahead and get a 125 the link to the bike is http://annapolis.craigslist.org/for/4705717599.html or for another http://smd.craigslist.org/mcy/4705041604.html please tell me how they are

both look like a decent deal, especially since you can trade out, maybe not spend any cash. if you can swing the deal on the 2002, id try for that, theres alot of add ons, and it also has the big bore kit, just doesnt say how many hours on motor. you may wanna ask him how fresh the top end is.

both look like a decent deal, especially since you can trade out, maybe not spend any cash. if you can swing the deal on the 2002, id try for that, theres alot of add ons, and it also has the big bore kit, just doesnt say how many hours on motor. you may wanna ask him how fresh the top end is.
Ok. Not really sure what to trade. And is that going to be a lot of power to learn how to ride?

I just wanna give props to Steve for giving good advice - I really thought the first bike recommended would have been the CR500. Colton, take a look at the CRF150rb - gotta be the RB though. A bike too small for you will be a pain in the arse. Really, and I mean really depends on the primary type of riding you will be doing. Welcome to the site. :thumb:

2600 is too much for that bike. That's a $1800 bike at best.
Also look for something that is all stock. Most people over stuff a bike with aftermarket mods that they couldn't ride to its full potential in stock trim to begin with. Be smart, be patient and the right deal will come along. We are here to help. :thumb:

2600 is too much for that bike. That's a $1800 bike at best.
Also look for something that is all stock. Most people over stuff a bike with aftermarket mods that they couldn't ride to its full potential in stock trim to begin with. Be smart, be patient and the right deal will come along. We are here to help. :thumb:
Thanks man! You guys are the best!

I just wanna give props to Steve for giving good advice - I really thought the first bike recommended would have been the CR500. Colton, take a look at the CRF150rb - gotta be the RB though. A bike too small for you will be a pain in the arse. Really, and I mean really depends on the primary type of riding you will be doing. Welcome to the site. :thumb:
Thanks for all the love guys! I really feel welcome to the site. I thought everyone would come on here and call me a newb or something lol. I do like Hondas and was thinking about the 150r. I just want something a bit faster. Thanks again!

The 150r us a really good bike. Everything the 85's are plus they hold value pretty well. You will feel outgrown for some of your riding fairly soon tho.

I like yz's. I have a couple. They are big bore kitted rigs. I would really want to know who built the cylinder and what it was built for before I paid extra or even book for one with a bigbore kit. Too many butchers.