What should I buy?

I've been riding dirtbikes for about a month with a friend of mine and Now I want to buy one. I'm 5'8 130lb right now. I want a bike that I can comfortably ride now but I won't grow out of too soon. I'm 14. I want at least a 150cc, nothing less. I've been looking at Honda crf's (Ive been riding a 150R). Is this a good choice? What are the main differences between the race versions (R) and the normal CRF's??

There is a lot of difference between the CRF150F and the CRF150R. They are like 2 totally different bikes. The "F" is a fun bike that will have a good life expectance as 4 strokes go. The "R" is a race bike that will require much more maintenance. The "R" is much faster then the "F".

Paw Paw

RM, YZ, KX, or CR 125 right around 2000.. it will run you 1000-1500 and will take you a looooong time to out grow!

I agree, the 125 2strokes make more power than the 150 f and are not far off from the 250 f's,and they cost less to maintain in my opinion, only major down side is if you trail ride your range is greater on the 4 stroke than the 2t.

I agree, the 125 2strokes make more power than the 150 f and are not far off from the 250 f's,and they cost less to maintain in my opinion, only major down side is if you trail ride your range is greater on the 4 stroke than the 2t.
that is completely dependent on the bike, plus acerbis sell auxiliary tanks that go where your front number plate goes.

yes! newer the 4t the less the range, 2014 bikes wont even go 40 miles. so thats not a bonus at all, and a 2t will go ROUGHLY 35-40 miles depending on the tank you use and your jetting, but could go as low as 30 miles.
Um False...My 2013 450 4t will run over 50 miles on a stock tank. My 2014 300 2T will run 75 miles on a stock tank.

Um False...My 2013 450 4t will run over 50 miles on a stock tank. My 2014 300 2T will run 75 miles on a stock tank.
my apologies.. I forgot to say MX bike, 300 2t is not an MX bike even if KTM want to advertise it that way. and what is the size of the gas tank on your 2013? I can almost bet it isnt 1.6 gallons like most of the current mx bikes

my apologies.. I forgot to say MX bike, 300 2t is not an MX bike even if KTM want to advertise it that way. and what is the size of the gas tank on your 2013? I can almost bet it isnt 1.6 gallons like most of the current mx bikes
2013 KTM450sxfe, stock tank (1.98 gal). Yamha has a 2.0 on the 450 and yes, Kawi, Suz, and Honda are around 1.66. Still I have ridden with guys on Honda 450s and running stock and gone over 50 miles.

I will ad that my 03 YZ450F with stock tank was good for 70 miles or more. It was sketchy because there is no reserve but I never needed it. My son's YZ250F is so far running the same numbers.

look at that, generating interest in a thread that wouldn't have gotten posted in, in the first place :smirk:

There are some actually numbers on some bike, however, you never gave us a price range you were looking at.