What Lubricant's, filter oils and cleaners do you use?

I myself like NoToil air filter products. I have never had any trouble with dirt getting by. The only trouble I have is, I had a filter tear when removing it from the base. I like Spectrol SX 32:1 synthec. Even though I mix it 46:1. CR500. I have tried Maxima Formula K2 with good results. I just think the Spectrol SX 32:1 was cleaner and less smoke. I run just about anything synthetic 75 or heavier weight in my case. Cuz I change it every other 2 rides. So I never have any issues with case oil.

I should have specified on the bike you use it for as well. It's obvious that those who have four strokes use different products. As far as Lucas products go well, I don't think they are what they try to be. I have tried their product in my vehicle's with no difference in performance what so ever. Like the fuel cleaner and or octange boosters. I have had better luck with company's like Gumout or STP. So I guess what I am trying to say is If I don't feel or see any difference in my Vehicle with Lucas Products. I will not put them in my Bike. Just like Harley's you pay for the name. They have the money to premote their product so everyone beleives in what they are selling.

I use nos for everything:prof: Oh wait that is SF's bit..:smirk: I use old gas to clean with and I have been using Silkolean for my filter oil. I use Rotella in my trans, and I use Maxima Castor 927 for premix :drool:

RM250 btw!! and use the same in my sons KDX200.

I just don't feel that if the product they sell did not originate for the motocross bike. Like Pj1,Belray, Amsoil,Maxima and Spectrol. I mean if you find an older catalog in your shop say from the early 90's. How many products will you see that are still around today? How many will you see from Lucas? If you like it then stick with it. I just wanted to see what other motocrosser's used. Thanks

Maxim, Belray or Uni air filter oil.
Twin Air, air filters.
Old gas, big orange warm water rinse to clean air filter.
Hiflo 4t oil filters (they make them for K&N, so if you think K&N is better, think again!)
Spectro off road oil in the 4T 450 and 520.
Motul in the CRF 150/230 4T
Honda tranny in the YZ 250's
Yamalube R2 @ 32:1 Super/Sunoco 4:1
Bikes washed with Simple Green Crystal or First Street degreaser.
Maxim Chain Wax.
WD-40
Come over and I'll show you how it's done.

James

Staff member
I just don't feel that if the product they sell did not originate for the motocross bike. Like Pj1,Belray, Amsoil,Maxima and Spectrol. I mean if you find an older catalog in your shop say from the early 90's. How many products will you see that are still around today? How many will you see from Lucas? If you like it then stick with it. I just wanted to see what other motocrosser's used. Thanks
Oh then this will get you really fired up. I use Rotella T in my kx250f.

0002140056026_500X500.jpg

I'm also a fan of the No Toil cleaning products however I used them on Twin Air filters.

WD-40 is the Dutch tape for motocross I think. I think if K&N made a filter for my bike I would try it. I like their filters for my vehicles and I bought one for my 2000 CR500 and it worked great. My CR500af takes a 02-07 CR250 filter so I don't have that opption for a K&N filter.

WD-40 is the Dutch tape for motocross I think. I think if K&N made a filter for my bike I would try it. I like their filters for my vehicles and I bought one for my 2000 CR500 and it worked great. My CR500af takes a 02-07 CR250 filter so I don't have that opption for a K&N filter.
Go twin air

Yah, the NoToil oil works great! Plus the cleaner works awsome! Gots real hot when washing almost hot enough to burn. I like SideWinder chain lube better than Maxima. I do use which ever one I can get my hands on the easiest though. Which is Maxima most of the time.