What kind of bike should I get as a beginner.

I am just getting into dirt bikes but I'm older than most beginners(18+) and also taller than most people(6.3) and I was wondering what kind of dirt bike should I get to have fun with. I was specifically looking at a cheap dual sport to eventually use to get to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Where do you live stretch? Using to get to work is a great idea depending on the commute. an older 250L is a good learner but she'll do 55 with a tailwind. If you are doing any type of hwy you will need a bigger drz or kTm

For me there are not many real choices when you want a bike to do both dirt riding and street. I have a couple that are called dual sports. I have a KLR 650, and a Honda XL600. Neither do well on dirt, however the KLR is fairly decent at long distance 70 mph rides. My advice to someone who wants to do both is to buy two bikes. You can find a 2500 dollar street only rig that will scald a 10k euro dual sport on the street, and you can find a 2500 dollar two stroke or four stroke offroad bike that will embarass that same 10k rig on the dirt. Counting the tires you won't wear out on the street, and items you won't break off on the dirt you should finish money ahead in up keep.

If I was looking to spend 2500 to get a bike I could get on the street and dirt with the suzuki mentioned above would be my target.

Where do you live stretch? Using to get to work is a great idea depending on the commute. an older 250L is a good learner but she'll do 55 with a tailwind. If you are doing any type of hwy you will need a bigger drz or kTm
Where I live its kinda out in the country but not that far to work. And I saw an Enduro Hawk dual sport for $1300 anyone know anything about it? I'm on a budget of about $2000 but I have some flexibility. Thanks for all the feedback.

Where I live its kinda out in the country but not that far to work. And I saw an Enduro Hawk dual sport for $1300 anyone know anything about it? I'm on a budget of about $2000 but I have some flexibility. Thanks for all the feedback.

For 2500 you can find an awesome used Name brand dual sport. You just have to be patient and watch the ads.
I paid 3500 for this low mileage(3100 miles) 2012 dr650 this summer.
198B76EF-D6DD-482C-8843-8A4A598863DF.jpeg