What does motocross mean to you?

I started riding cause i always thought it was the coolest thing ever and my parents got me an old kx100 for my 12th bday. I then got a kx250 that ended up getting repossessed as some of you know, i then ended up having some hard times family wise, financially, mentally, huge mess. I got myself heavily addicted to alcohol and drugs (hard ones) Had a hard time finding a reason for being without motocross, talk about rehab clinic. It took me years of near death and destroyed relationships to man the fuck up and decide that i was going to quit moping about what i had lost and do something about it. I started by quitting 1 thing at a time that i was addicted to, there was always a few at the same time. I started lifting weights. i couldnt find the motivation for health to be the only reason, so i decided that it was for motocross. that i would get in shape, get clean, get a bike, and start racing again. as impossible as it seemed in my situation, i finally got myself a bike and i am finally clean for the first time in years and it feels great. If it wasnt for mx i would not be alive today. I owe my life to motocross and i cant live a decent life without it. Motocross makes me who i am, and is the backbone of almost every good decision that i have made. What does motocross mean to you?

Good to hear you got clean:thumb:

I don't ride MX, but to me dirtbiking means staying in shape, having fun, and learning new things, from riding techniques to engine tech.

Good to hear you got clean:thumb:

I don't ride MX, but to me dirtbiking means staying in shape, having fun, and learning new things, from riding techniques to engine tech.
Thank you bro. I honestly forgot what it was like to be sober. The withdrawals sucked immensely but nowhere near the withdrawals and depression of not being a rider anymore. thats how i viewed myself at the time too, i felt like i was a poser just cause i didnt have a bike anymore. And those are very good reasons to ride! If you are ever in cali we need to go for a ride :ride:

Motocross means a lot to me. It was everything to me for the years I got to ride. There was no better stress reliever than to get on my bike and ride. I lived for the weekends then. The adrenaline rush, exploration, the fun, and pushing yourself is what got me hooked. When I turn 18, I'll be riding again ASAP.

Motocross means a lot to me. It was everything to me for the years I got to ride. There was no better stress reliever than to get on my bike and ride. I lived for the weekends then. The adrenaline rush, exploration, the fun, and pushing yourself is what got me hooked. When I turn 18, I'll be riding again ASAP.
if you dont mind me asking, how come you had to quit?

James

Staff member
For me motocross was a way to get out of a bad crowd. Never did drugs, but I wasn't heading in a good direction. :bonk:

Health wise it's helped me stop eating fast food, drinking soda, and other crappy foods. Plus I'm actually getting exercise, well not according to the family doctor as he doesn't motocross is that hard. :facepalm:

With that said it's also taken a toil on my body, getting into the sport at a late age (~19) doesn't help. :lol: However nothing beats the rush of nailing that jump for the first time, destroying a corner, or getting a little bit faster every time you go out. Not to mention the competition side of things.

For me motocross was a way to get out of a bad crowd. Never did drugs, but I wasn't heading in a good direction. :bonk:

Health wise it's helped me stop eating fast food, drinking soda, and other crappy foods. Plus I'm actually getting exercise, well not according to the family doctor as he doesn't motocross is that hard. :facepalm:

With that said it's also taken a toil on my body, getting into the sport at a late age (~19) doesn't help. :lol: However nothing beats the rush of nailing that jump for the first time, destroying a corner, or getting a little bit faster every time you go out. Not to mention the competition side of things.

I need to do this!

what bike were you on? and btw have you ever heard of a dealership called Edd's Honda?