What dirt bike size

If you have really wide shoulders and thick legs, you are a good candidate for one of the big kickstarting 4 strokes, like an xr600 or xr650r, xr650L.

Do you have some kind of an intended purpose? MX, trails, dual sport, licenseable race bike etc? Right now your question is kind of like asking what kind of shoes should you buy.

Welcome to the board. We already have a fat guy to make fun of, so even if you weren't just "wide shoulders" no one would tease you about it.

If you have really wide shoulders and thick legs, you are a good candidate for one of the big kickstarting 4 strokes, like an xr600 or xr650r, xr650L.

Do you have some kind of an intended purpose? MX, trails, dual sport, licenseable race bike etc? Right now your question is kind of like asking what kind of shoes should you buy.

Welcome to the board. We already have a fat guy to make fun of, so even if you weren't just "wide shoulders" no one would tease you about it.

Sorry I'm new but I might race I'm not sure yet but I want something for tails a 125 will hold me me but it's unsure lol I've found a yz 250 that needs a clutch rod for 500 I'm most likely going to buy it just to mess with and I might make it a race bike idk yet it's an older 95 model and lmao I was just putting that out there I'm shorter for my wieght

Last edited:
Honestly, if I couldnt do a real test ride on the yz I would be more likely to offer 300 if it runs. you can count on it needing a cylinder replating and at least a piston and rings before long unless the po has a nice fresh and verifiable receipt for same. clutch and clutch BASKET is also probably needed for something you would consider entering a race with. next are the swing arm and suspension bearings. so far I just spent about 900 for you even if you can do the work yourself. buying something ten years newer may not do you any good in those departments either, but you get a newer designed engine and suspension to start with.

what do you know of the bike's history and how it came to be missing the clutch rod?

Honestly, if I couldnt do a real test ride on the yz I would be more likely to offer 300 if it runs. you can count on it needing a cylinder replating and at least a piston and rings before long unless the po has a nice fresh and verifiable receipt for same. clutch and clutch BASKET is also probably needed for something you would consider entering a race with. next are the swing arm and suspension bearings. so far I just spent about 900 for you even if you can do the work yourself. buying something ten years newer may not do you any good in those departments either, but you get a newer designed engine and suspension to start with.

what do you know of the bike's history and how it came to be missing the clutch rod?
Clutch rod is still there but cable is not hooked up and I haven't talked to guy yet gotta get rid of some rcs first lol

I e now found a new yz 250f that he thinks the crank is locked up but has a lot of up grades for 1000 how hard maybe

how actually new is it? 2015 and newer are worth well over 1k for the wheels and suspension. as far as the engine goes you are asking "how high is up".

those can be real money pits. kind of depends on what went out with the crankshaft. i got an 004 crf 5 years ago in alaska for 325. i just wanted the forks. got the whole bike. basically the entire engine was ruined with the cylinder skirt broke and the crank went with it. valves hit the piston, nothing other than the had itself was really useable besides the carburetor and electrics.

those can be real money pits. kind of depends on what went out with the crankshaft. i got an 004 crf 5 years ago in alaska for 325. i just wanted the forks. got the whole bike. basically the entire engine was ruined with the cylinder skirt broke and the crank went with it. valves hit the piston, nothing other than the had itself was really useable besides the carburetor and electrics.
Damn it's got that much in parts from what I see tho. idk I'm not really sure what year the bike is

Last edited:
I'd shoot for a bike that runs and rides with
no problems. There are some good deals out there,, I use to be a magnet to them deals and found out you spend more than a bike that is ready to go!!

Just be mindful :busted:

I think we would all like to get u in the right direction.

If u can send us some links or posts to bikes your looking at or pics?? To see what your looking at:banana:

I'd shoot for a bike that runs and rides with
no problems. There are some good deals out there,, I use to be a magnet to them deals and found out you spend more than a bike that is ready to go!!

Just be mindful :busted:

I think we would all like to get u in the right direction.

If u can send us some links or posts to bikes your looking at or pics?? To see what your looking at:banana:
I will before I get to far in with them lol get yalls opinion