what bike should i get

which bike should i get?

• 250r

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 150r

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im about 5,5 and 130lbs right now i ride a kx100. I want to get another bike for me and my twin brother he is the same height and wieght. im thinking about a crf150rb or 250 i want something long enough to last but im a new rider. ive only been on a bike for 6 months should i go for the 250?

Im about 5,5 and 130lbs right now i ride a kx100. I want to get another bike for me and my twin brother he is the same height and wieght. im thinking about a crf150rb or 250 i want something long enough to last but im a new rider. ive only been on a bike for 6 months should i go for the 250?
My son is 15, same height and weight. He rides a 250 XC-F. I'd say go for a 250 and ride as often as possible to master the bike and develop your riding skills.

That 100 is a pretty nice rig for lots of things. where i am they resell really well. I sold one to a man who was on the height challenged side (miniature Arnold) who rode it unitl he bought a new one just like it. If you are trail riding and you want to keep low maintenance and easy to ride in the forefront, look at the kdx 200/220's. the 250's if you get an unthrashed one are always a good step up, but if you dont have others who are experienced to ride with and kind of mentor you along with setup and technique you may want to consider something more trail oriented like the kdx's. that xc-f listed above would be a good ride, but expect to pay about twice what you would for an exceptional kdx. ditto the wr yamaha and crfx hondas. if you go fourstroke 250 i would avoid the early versions of the kaw and suzuki.

I say go for the 250, you're already riding so going from "0" to 250 won't be that drastic. Remember, just because it HAS the power doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. It'll be there IF you need it PLUS it'll be a great size to grow into.

Way back in 73 (13 yo) I got my first bike... A Zooky 125, I could barely touch the ground but once I learned how to ride it (6 mos) then how to RIDE it (another 1 yr) I didn't outgrow it. Had it for a while... then jumped from it to a 500... BLAM