Went Searching For Areas

around Mammoth and Yosemite for some riding areas. I was in my Jeep for this excursion and decided to do some promotions for DBA. I tried to get one on the sheriffs SUV but they came out running after me and I took off while yelling - Tim made me do it. :lol: Someone even put one on the back of my RV. :thinking:DSC05024.jpgDSC05025.jpgDSC05061.jpgDSC05022.jpg

The little white spec out in the middle is my RV. DSC05045.jpgThe switch back road went up about 2000 feet in a couple of miles. It was like you were in an airplane up top. Kind of scary up there as the road gets very narrow and one side is mountain and the other is death. DSC05073.jpgDSC05074.jpgDSC05076.jpg Also had some fishing time. DSC05050.jpg
pencil.png

The little white spec out in the middle is my RV. View attachment 4736The switch back road went up about 2000 feet in a couple of miles. It was like you were in an airplane up top. Kind of scary up there as the road gets very narrow and one side is mountain and the other is death. View attachment 4737View attachment 4738View attachment 4739 Also had some fishing time. View attachment 4740
pencil.png

Went to town on the DBA postings! :thumb:

Great pics, thanks for sharing. That creek/river looks nice.
:prof:...Timo's gonna be mad....ooOOOOOO :devil: :smirk:

GORGEOUS! What exact camp areas did you camp at? Some of those jeep trails Id much rather be doing on a bike. Sometimes sections get sketchy:eek: like the washed out sections. Something about being in a cage near a steep ledge, on a narrow trail spooks me. But not so much on a bike. Have you ever tried going up that jeep trail to Laurel Lake just outside of Mammoth? I took that on my bike last year till we hit snow drifts and could not go further. That was a epic ride day, and your pics are epic and remind me of it. Nothing better then being out in nature:thumb: I like your taste in vehicles too. I used to have an 1984 CJ7, HD suspension, full cage :blah::blah: :focus: Your vacation seems perfect. The best part is, you didnt get arrested like:devil: someone else we know.

GORGEOUS! What exact camp areas did you camp at? Some of those jeep trails Id much rather be doing on a bike. Sometimes sections get sketchy:eek: like the washed out sections. Something about being in a cage near a steep ledge, on a narrow trail spooks me. But not so much on a bike. Have you ever tried going up that jeep trail to Laurel Lake just outside of Mammoth? I took that on my bike last year till we hit snow drifts and could not go further. That was a epic ride day, and your pics are epic and remind me of it. Nothing better then being out in nature:thumb: I like your taste in vehicles too. I used to have an 1984 CJ7, HD suspension, full cage :blah::blah: :focus: Your vacation seems perfect. The best part is, you didnt get arrested like:devil: someone else we know.

FINGERPRINTS...? :thinking: :shocked:

We camped at McGee Creek which is across from Crowley Lake up in the mountains. I am going to take the bike next year just so I can get to the top of this one area where the pictures were taken. The road got so narrow I decided it was not worth the chance of having a problem. We went up to Laurel Lakes 2 years ago and that is beautiful as well. Last year we went up Wheelers Ridge Mine Road which is above Toms Place and Rock Creek Lake, another great spot. There are miles of dirt roads and places to ride across from Mammoth and up the highway a bit. I got a map from the visitor center and was shocked at how many places there are to explore. I love it up in the eastern Sierra's. :thumb:

We camped at McGee Creek which is across from Crowley Lake up in the mountains. I am going to take the bike next year just so I can get to the top of this one area where the pictures were taken. The road got so narrow I decided it was not worth the chance of having a problem. We went up to Laurel Lakes 2 years ago and that is beautiful as well. Last year we went up Wheelers Ridge Mine Road which is above Toms Place and Rock Creek Lake, another great spot. There are miles of dirt roads and places to ride across from Mammoth and up the highway a bit. I got a map from the visitor center and was shocked at how many places there are to explore. I love it up in the eastern Sierra's. :thumb:

Yep, absolutely gorgeous up there!:thumb: I wish I hade a plated bike for a lot of those roads that connect trails up there. Perhaps you may be interested in a dual sport held by VCMC out of Bishop. It is a popular ride. You and some other plated DBA'ers outta do it. Im sure it would be a blast. http://vcmc.info/Bishop12511P-2.pdf

Wow, that sounds like fun. I have never even heard of this event. I may have to look into this next year as this year I have some plans around that time. Thanks for letting me know about it. :thumb:
Yep, absolutely gorgeous up there!:thumb: I wish I hade a plated bike for a lot of those roads that connect trails up there. Perhaps you may be interested in a dual sport held by VCMC out of Bishop. It is a popular ride. You and some other plated DBA'ers outta do it. Im sure it would be a blast. http://vcmc.info/Bishop12511P-2.pdf