South Welcome To The California Desert

So, we are all aware of the noxious stickweed invading the So Cal desert, the obnoxious brown stickweed, and its annoying cousin, the red stickweed, but this is a new one to me-

Is this new, or something I haven't noticed? These (numerous) stakes were at a popular camping area a good five miles from the nearest paved road. It's really getting ridiculous, ride here, don't ride here, camp here, don't camp here. What next, park here, don't pee here, don't stop here, don't start here?
All misguided efforts to "save" the desert, apparently, even one tire track off a designated trail can cause damage that will take thousands of years for nature to repair.
Except when that damage is caused by big bu$ine$$, in that case, feel free to destroy as much of the desert as you please. There was (yes, was) a very popular spot north of the town of Mojave called Horned Toad Hills, a lot of you are probably familiar with it, accessed off the old highway by crossing the railroad tracks, to Aquaduct road, to the clearing with a dozen big Joshua Trees for shade. I say was, because here is what the area looks like now-

Yeppirs, all those windmill parts are stacked where the Joshua Trees used to be. The area has been cleared, new roads built, tops of the hills cleared and leveled, all for more windmills. The service roads were plowed through whatever was in the way, and fenced with barbed wire, including across existing roads and trails. No critter fencing anywhere, so desert tortoise and the like are fair game for the numerous trucks and heavy equipment using the roads.
All the "damage" caused by the OHV community is a drop in the bucket compared to this one project.
Oh well, what can you do? There still is good stuff out there (for now)-

But, you have to work a little harder for it, and I wouldn't put it off for too long. There are a lot more energy projects planned for the So Cal deserts, don't be surprised if some day you show up at a favorite riding spot, only to find it fenced off. Get out, ride and enjoy.

We were starting to stem the tide of the environmentals in some small way in some areas... but we can't beat a stacked deck when the same gov that controls pubic land also gives our tax money to wind and solar to rape public land. We are paying for this crap.

I am not going to be one of those chest pounding self proclaimed outlaws that disrespect all authority. However, I'm done caring about trail issues... instead I'll just be enjoying my toys some where "under the radar."

Hey has RIck emerged from his summer hibernation? It was real cool today. I think this might have been a good first weekend of the dez season. Too bad I have to work all weekend (again).