Water submerged bike

How do you get your bike running if it gets submerged in water? Like if you tip over in a river crossing. I know you flip the bike upside down and pull the spark plug..? Anyone know this process. Never had to do it but I'd like to know just in case

It would really come down to a judgement call. If the oil looked super milky I wouldn't risk it, but also if your in the middle of nowhere on trails too difficult to tow it out you really don't have an option. Also dont mean to open this can of worms but on a 2 stroke where the crank and cylinder isn't lubricated by the engine oil i would be a little more willing to risk it.

It would really come down to a judgement call. If the oil looked super milky I wouldn't risk it, but also if your in the middle of nowhere on trails too difficult to tow it out you really don't have an option. Also dont mean to open this can of worms but on a 2 stroke where the crank and cylinder isn't lubricated by the engine oil i would be a little more willing to risk it.
Alright. Cool. How would one get the kerosene into the motor? The gas tank?

Alright. So that will flush the tranny do you just run gas to clean the cylinder? I have 2 strokes by the way
Cylinder will be fine if you pull the plug flip it, let it drain, then kick a few times to blow whatever is left in it before you put the plug back. And yes the kerosene is just to flush the tranny/motor oil (depending on bike)

Cylinder will be fine if you pull the plug flip it, let it drain, then kick a few times to blow whatever is left in it before you put the plug back. And yes the kerosene is just to flush the tranny/motor oil (depending on bike)
Great! Thank you man. You have been very helpful. Hopefully I will never have to do this but I feel better knowing how to do it!

It happened to my son on the trial. I pulled the plug turned it upside down and then on its end. Pulled the airfilter and ring it out then Set it out in the sun. Kicked the ever living shit out of it trying to get exhaust. Pull started it and rode it back to the truck. Drained the oil when I got home.

yes, it will probly be destroyed if it isn't dealt with within a day or so. The main thing is not whether it will start n run at the moment, but the water has to be removed and the insides lubed quickly to avoid ruining the internals by rust and corrosion. If the water is real muddy it may not be a good idea to try n start it, especially if it was still running at the time it when in as it may have sucked in the dirt/abrasives too. It would be like a major dusty ride without an air filter in the bike.

I had a bike, with me and Rack, go over a waterfall in clean water. It was in there for about 2 hrs till it was found and hauled out. I did not try n start it or even turn it over at all. Towed back. Took it apart the next day down to the frame. Lots of sand and dirt every where. It cleaned up and ran well. It did however seize the cam due to me not lubing it well enuf on re-assy.

yes, it will probly be destroyed if it isn't dealt with within a day or so. The main thing is not whether it will start n run at the moment, but the water has to be removed and the insides lubed quickly to avoid ruining the internals by rust and corrosion. If the water is real muddy it may not be a good idea to try n start it, especially if it was still running at the time it when in as it may have sucked in the dirt/abrasives too. It would be like a major dusty ride without an air filter in the bike.

I had a bike, with me and Rack, go over a waterfall in clean water. It was in there for about 2 hrs till it was found and hauled out. I did not try n start it or even turn it over at all. Towed back. Took it apart the next day down to the frame. Lots of sand and dirt every where. It cleaned up and ran well. It did however seize the cam due to me not lubing it well enuf on re-assy.
thanks,i havent submerged my bike yet but its goo to know