Vintage bikes getting hammered

It is cool, but I am not even sure that I can get myself to race any of my old stuff ever again. For one thing, as far as the oldoffroad bikes go, I just don't like riding them that much anymore. I think my 87 cr500 may never see the trail again in it's original frame. every time i get on conventional forks anymore I am reminded of how much better we have it now. Every time I get on something with drum brake on the front I want to put it back in the shed. I think I have earned the honor of riding something better and since I have been a motorcycle owner for just over 50 years I would like to spend what time I have left riding something that may not be from the good old days, but the "better newer days". Looking at the old rigs does take me back to the times when I could show up at many of the west coast tracks and know I could lead the pack in the exp/senior class or at least run with it. Being fast for my age would not hold any spice for me I am afraid. MP to those who enjoy it though.

Yeah. I had someone try to tell me that there were mo two strokes that didn't have reeds not too long ago. Lots if misunderstandings. It's mot south cool as pathetic though when you see someone on an old bike actually beating people on new bikes.

To me an 09 isn't an old bike but someone asked me when I was going to get something newer in Carlsbad. Guess they weren't around 2 years ago when I raced my wr since the crf broke and beat kids it was almost as old as with it

I remember a man telling me in 2005 that he hadn't seen anyone riding a bike as old as old as mine where we were at the moment. He had a fresh 2005 250. So he went on to tell me that 500's sucked for trails and he hadn't seen anyone there in one of them either. He didn't have to see it for long at least.