Very Basic Rr For El Mirage, 8-24-12

My brother, brother-in-law, friend, and myself decided to go riding last friday for a few hours in the early morning before the sun got high in the sky and it got to hot.

We woke up at 3:30am or so and were loaded up by 4:15. Off to the gas station to fill up the trucks and bikes.

IMG_0876.jpg
My bike ended up having a full tank so I just filled up my thirsty truck. And with these high has prices, its not cheap. :doh:

IMG_0877.jpg
So off we were up to El Mirage. We go up to Adelanto around 5:30am and it was still really dark out so we got some breakfast and off loaded early.

The lake bed was actually open since it hadn't been the last time or two we went but we rode it for the first 5 minutes or so after we warmed up the bikes so my brother could get used to shifting in his new boots and have a little fun of course. :P

Here is my friend in my truck wanting to race. We did a quick race from around 25-70. He never stood a chance obviously.

We let the bikes warm up and then began riding to Hersey hill. Once we got there, we parked the bikes and hung for a little while and gave my brother-in-law some tips on how to get up the hill.

IMG_0880.jpg

Here is a pic of my brother and my brother in law at the bottom of the hill. I was at the top of the hill trying to tell him the easiest line to go up because the way my brother and myself took were not. :thinking:

IMAG0563.jpg

Since I sold my YZ250 :cry: My friend did not have a bike to use so I let him take my truck and follow us. He had a blast hauling butt off road and going up rocky hills in 4wd.

IMG_0881.jpg My brother-in-law ended up taking a dirt nap trying to go up the hill.:crash: To his defense it was extremely rocky and surprisingly a lot more difficult to get up then usual.:smirk:

After he fell, he was looking at the hugely monstrous hill my brother and I made look so easy :smirk::P. (My brother and I both almost :crash: going up as well)

IMAG0564.jpg

We ended up leaving and finding another smaller hill that was still a little challenging but not as steep. That hill was fun to get up and down a few times and my truck even went up it. lol

My brother in law is getting the hang of it more and more. He is doing well. So in no time, he will be going up everything we do. :prof: Here he is riding to the other hill.

IMAG0562.jpg

Here I am at the bottom of the hill look at my scooter to see how far we had ridden so far. I think it was like 15 or 20 miles. :noidea:

IMAG0565.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

more to follow.....

So we continued to ride for a few more hours and we could start to feel the heat baring down on us. My brother was jealous of my friend since he was in the truck with the air conditioning on.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg
My buddy got out to stretch after being in the car for a while and posed next to my scooter.

IMG_0884.jpg
After riding for a couple of hours more we decided to head back to load up and grab some food.

IMG_0885.jpg
Over all it was a fun day. Any day is when you can go ride with buddies and no one gets hurts. Well except for that "dirt nap" my brother in law had since he "tweaked" himself a little bit. (I have some videos of the day that I plan to upload a little later)

We are planning to go back again this friday as well so we will take more photos and video for sure. :thumb:

Not sure why you guys can't see the pics. If you'r at work, that might the reason. How would I make the pictures bigger? I'll see what I can do. I'm hopefully going to upload some videos today as well.

Edit - I made the pictures bigger. :prof:

Like the bigger pics...:thumb:

Why are you running premium in your truck? :noidea:

99% of the time I run 87. This was a rare occasion I ran 91. Only reason was because I pushed 91 so I could fill my bike up but it was full already (well it took like .80 cents or something but pretty much full) so instead of ending the transaction of 91 and re-entering my card and clicking 87, I just put the nozzle in my truck and filled it up with 91. Plus, I knew it was going to be running it hard in 4x4 and doing a lot of high speed runs on the lake bed to see how fast our bikes top out at etc. So I figured 91 couldn't hurt.

99% of the time I run 87. This was a rare occasion I ran 91. Only reason was because I pushed 91 so I could fill my bike up but it was full already (well it took like .80 cents or something but pretty much full) so instead of ending the transaction of 91 and re-entering my card and clicking 87, I just put the nozzle in my truck and filled it up with 91. Plus, I knew it was going to be running it hard in 4x4 and doing a lot of high speed runs on the lake bed to see how fast our bikes top out at etc. So I figured 91 couldn't hurt.
:thumb: